Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wendy Mo is offline Guest

Hi Everyone

My name is Wendy and I have a 10 month old baby daughter called Megan.

I'm from Scotland and I came to Hong Kong 4.5 years ago. My husband's Canadian so it's sometimes hard understanding each other!

I recently resigned from my full-time work to spend more time with my wee baby and I teach English part-time.

I'd like to chat with other parents and just to share and pass experiences around.

I hope I can talk to you all soon

Wendy

rani is offline Administrator
    Wendy!

So glad you found us.

So what is Megan up to these days?

Our little guy has just started crawling :milestone and is keeping us super busy.

Rani
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

grace is offline Registered User
    Hi Wendy,

My name is Grace and I have a 5 months old daughter.
    I am a full time mom as I found I was pregnant right after I quit my job. Anyway, I am happy to be a full time mom and I don't mind to work again.

I am local Chinese and my husband is Indian. He came to join me 4.5 years ago which as same as you. We met while we were studying in Australia. Since we are from very different culture and background, we have so much fun to discuss about each country's culture and taboo. I learn alot from him as I don't know much about the western culture. He is a very unique man. Although he is Indian, he doesn't speak any Indian language, he was grown up with American culture as he studied in American international school while he was in middle east. Then he is back to India while he was 13. Since the war starts recently, we discuss a lot about Arabs, Britishs & Americans and how different they behave during the war.

By the way, what brings you or your husband to HK?

Hi Grace,

Thanks for the introduction.

Monique is such a pretty girl.

Looks like you and your husband are doing a great job!

Rani
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Patsy is offline Registered User

Intoduction

Hi everyone,
    My name is Patsy and I live in mid-levels. I am the mother of a 12 year old girl, a 4 year old boy and a 10 week old baby boy so you can see that I have my hands full!
    I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get Dr. Brown's natural flow bottles/teats in Hong Kong. I used to get them from ebaby asia but they are going out of business so I have to find another source for the replacement teats. I have ordered some online from the US and I am waiting to get them, hope that it is a reliable source.

Welcome Patsy!
    And congratulations on the birth of your little one.

I recently saw an ad for Dr Browns bottles. Can't remember the co advertising. Let me dig up the magazine.

Rani
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

loupou is offline Baby Guru

Intro

Hi all,

My user name is "loupou" which is Cantonese for "old lady" but also is what some HK men call their wives (the husbands get called "lou gung" (old man)).

I am Euro-American and my husband is HK Chinese. I moved to HK to work almost 12 years ago and met DH here, fell in love, got married, stayed. I still work full-time and we have 2 kids, a girl of 7 and a boy of 5. We live in the New Territories.

We are trying to raise the kids bilingually (Cantonese and English). My Cantonese is only so-so, my Mandarin is better. Already I've started to have my girl act as my translator on occassions.

oops Patsy,

the ad was for ebabyasia. did ebabyasia tell you they are going out off business? up till last week they were telling customers they were just clearing out their warehouse.

R
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast