Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Gynecologists in Central

Slee is offline Registered User

Mrs P, did you have a natural, intervention free birth with Dr Ho? I agree that he is very knowledgable, a lovely person and a person I'd want around in a big emergency. However, I've talked to three women in a row whose births were identical - waters ruptured artificially as they were assured that they were about to go into labour anyway - and although I'm only in my 2nd trimester he suggested the same course to me after I shared my worries about not getting to the hospital on time! Moreover, he gently insisted that a friend have an epidural before he would introduce syntocicin to speed up her slow labour.

I'm a natural birth freak after having such a birth with my daughter, so I know i don't need drugs (only got 30 mins gas & air first time round) if everything happens in its own time. Therefore, I'm anxious to hear lots of birth experiences with Dr. Ho.

suz
    suz is offline Registered User

I go to Dr. Anne Fang in Causeway Bay (above Sogo Department Store). She is very patient, and attentive, and quite motherly.

She is very very very busy and to minimize the wait I always ask for the first appointment in the afternoon (3pm).

momo is offline Registered User

Dr. Ho advised me to have a c-section with my second baby (because my 1st baby was breeched and was delivered via c-section). In the end I delivered my 2nd baby drug free and naturally with another doctor who was more supportive. Whilst pleasant I did not get the impression that Dr. Ho is the type of doctor who lets nature takes its course.

Slee is offline Registered User

Thanks Momo. I have every faith that he will look after me diligently whilst pregnant, but keep hearing things that make me think I'll change doctors for the birth. I am suprised that he recommended a second C-section despite your first only arising because of a breach presentation. Could you tell me please who you used in the end? A friend who is a natural healer used Dr. Dawkins and recommends him strongly despite ending up with an emergency C-section.

Chy
    Chy is offline Registered User

Suz, can you please provide Dr Fang's contact details as I've been trying to find a good Gyno practitioner in Causeway Bay. How much does she charge for first consultation and visits thereafter? Tks in advance.

Slee, Dr. Lam Yung Hang delivered my second baby naturally. He was supportive of my intention to have a drug free natural birth the second time round.

gingerbik is offline Registered User

Dr. Ho

Quote Originally Posted by momo
    Dr. Ho advised me to have a c-section with my second baby (because my 1st baby was breeched and was delivered via c-section). In the end I delivered my 2nd baby drug free and naturally with another doctor who was more supportive. Whilst pleasant I did not get the impression that Dr. Ho is the type of doctor who lets nature takes its course.

hi Momo,
    am also seeing Dr. Philip Ho and was also a little concerned abouthis attitude towards natural methods - he is very gentle and answers all questions - but everytime I start asking about different birth options - he says that we dont need to discuss that right now - ok, I am only 14 weeks gone, but still , i WAS having second thoughts about continuing with him.
    Who is the doctor you switched to? And may I ask where you had your baby?
    Ginger

Hi Ginger, I had both my babies at the Matilda. The second baby was delivered naturally by Dr. Lam Yung Hang.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast