Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mother and Baby support group in Happy Valley

shalom is offline Registered User

Wink Mother and Baby support group in Happy Valley

Hi,
    I have a 2 month old boy and I live in Happy Valley. As a foreigner ( I am Malaysian and my husband's British ) I feel really inadequate and lonely with my baby. I would like to know if anyone know of any Mother and Baby group in Happy Valley or if anyone who lives in Happy Valley would like to meet up sometimes for a chat. Thanks.

val
    val is offline Registered User

Hi shalom, I've a 2yr old girl & a 3mth old boy. We live in happy valley. I always go to the park across the tram station. Feel free to contact me for gatherings.

shalom is offline Registered User

Dear Val,
    Thanks for the reply. Please refer to your private message as i sent you one. Anyone else who lives in Happy Valley wants to meet up?

amychukityi is offline Registered User

Dears

Great to know that you guys are living in Happy Valley. My daughter is now 16 months old and I'm going to have another one in this Aug. As a working mon, I always take her to the indoor playground after work at around 1900. Any interest to let the kids play together!

Cheers / Amy

LLL_Sarah is offline Registered User

If you are breastfeeding (or interested in breastfeeding) the local La Leche League group meets in Happy Valley.

Our next meeting’s title is Breastfeeding: The Early Weeks. I’m sure the difficulties and adjustments of life at home with a new baby will come up. You are very welcome to join us if you can make it.

The meeting details are:
    Tuesday June 14th from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm at
    Flat 2, 2nd Floor, Tower A, Villa Lotto, 18 Broadwood Road, Happy Valley
    2817-7475

All our meetings are free. The format for all the meetings is similar. We spend the first part of the meeting discussing the meeting title topic and the second part of the meeting the topics which the mother’s attending bring up. Thus every meeting is different depending on the needs of the mothers there.

The article Why La Leche League? http://www.wiessinger.baka.com/bfing/others/whylll.html
    gives a nice description of why our meetings may be helpful to attend.

Best wishes,
    SARAH

mybbwoo is offline Registered User

I am moving to Happy Valley soon. And my baby is 14 months old. Nice to meet more neighbourhood after moving to the new place. Pls send me contacts and where u usually hang around, eg. park...

Then i can bring my little princess to join some fun.

Cheers.

amychukityi is offline Registered User

Dear Sarah

Great to know that the group has regular meeting in Happy Valley. However, as I need to work, I'm able to join the upcoming one on Tues, 14 June afternoon. Will you guys have any gathering on weekend or in the evening? Moreover, will husbank / kids be allowed to join?

For my 1st baby, I weren't very successful in the breastfeeding and only can have mixed-feeding for her but I still tried my best to feed her for 11 months. For the 2nd one who is expected to arrive in mid-Aug, I really want to have full breast feeding for her especially in the 1st few months. Hope that your group can give me some advises & support.

Cheers / Amy

mammalicious is offline Registered User

Ill have my first baby in sept and will be anxious to meet other mom's in the area (happy valley) can you send me youir emails and or meeting times/ places? i am currently working but will look to meet up after!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast