Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dr Doo and Dr Dawkins

tinkerbelle is offline Registered User

Dr Doo and Dr Dawkins

I've read good things about both these doctors. I've tried calling them but their nurses won't answer this question:

HOW much are their package prices if I stay in a 3rd class room at Matilda and have a vaginal delivery??

Besides the room cost and delivery fee, do I need to budget for anything else?

Lastly, any firsthand experience with either of these two doctors - positive or negative would be appreciated.

rani is offline Administrator

Hi TinkerBelle,

Welcome!

I know how frustrating it can be to get a Dr to reveal their charges. You may have to physically go down to their clinics and speak to the Drs directly.

Regarding other costs, have a look at this thread.

http://www.geobaby.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=104153

One of our members has also reviewed Dr Doo here

http://www.geobaby.com/Hong_Kong/Hea...nder_Doo_L313/

Rani

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

tinkerbelle is offline Registered User

Thanks Rani! Your son is a cutie!

From what I read, Anaesthetist fees and phototherapy/special care charges can really add to the cost.

ANYONE ELSE ABLE TO OFFER ADVICE on either of these docs?

andrewwork is offline Registered User

Budgeting tips

Budget for an emergency C-section. Hopefully you won't have to spend that, but when budgeting, plan for the worst, hope for the best.

Nurses can be reticent. You need to get the Drs. directly. The nurses don't want to make a mistake and take the heat - it's like that all over Hong Kong, in every industry. Patients now have such varied requests that it is hard to have a standard package. They would need hundreds of "standard packages".

Just make an appointment - be clear that you are coming in to inform your decision - not for a check-up. I know Dr. Doo would likely be open to that, my wife and I having used him ourselves.

andrewwork is offline Registered User

Separate the costs

A little more.

Remember, you have separate costs for everyone and everything.

You can negotiate with all your providers. So Drs. can give you a standard package, but you would be better off finding out which hospitals they work with and then negoitating with the hospitals directly. Same for pediatricians, anethesiologists (limited neg. room here - it's a small club) and anything else you need.

And feedback - Dr. Doo is the greatest. We loved him. TOp notch, cutting edge, but not dogmatic - gives you the information you need to make a decision.

flowerpower is offline Registered User

Hi

Some practices have their prices on their notice boards.

Why not schedule an appointment have a general meeting with them both, see their prices and then also see which one you connect with. You really cannot go on price alone. The Matilda has their own price list as well.

My friend delivered with Dr Dawkins and has nothing but good words about him.

aldougie is offline Registered User

I would agree with Andrew - I had an emergency c-section on a Sunday (there is no worse case scenario!) and luckily we had savings to cover the costs our healthcare insurance didn't cover which was lucky as they were quite substantial. Ask your doctor what the worse case scenario charges would be - like andrew said 'plan for the worst and hope for the best'.

Good luck

jane01 is offline Registered User

Dr Dawkins has a schedule of his fees available as a leaflet in his waiting room. As mentioned above, they are his fees only, not the hospital, ped, anth, etc. I highly recommend Dr Dawkins. From my memory of his fee schedule, he does not charge by type of room, just type of delivery (normal, c/s, etc).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast