Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Shoes for Toddlers

rani is offline Administrator

Baby Shoes

Hi,

D been wearing soft leather shoes since he started walking and I need to get him a pair of proper hard shoes.

Other than Footstop in Coda Plaza is there any place else that stocks good shoes and are good at fitting first shoes?

Thanks

Rani

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

aohman is offline Registered User

I don't know if you are looking for hard leather type shoes -- but if smart looking sneakers will do -- a friend of mine got her son a pair of Nike sneakers that were a combination of hard/soft. The sole of course was of rubber -- but the top part was of a stretchy type material that made the fit comfortable. She got them at Sogo.

A few months back I was at WiseKids in Causeway Bay (the one closest to Mitsukoshi) and saw some shoes there, too. They didn't have a lot, but you might call ahead and check it out with the clerk.

Have you checked the main "shoe" store at Stanley?

Marta is offline Registered User

Shoes

Rani,
    Bumps to Babes stocks Elefanten, THE German brand for good Children shoes. They have also this measurement thing to take the correct size of the feet. I can really recommend them. (not yet from my own experience, but from my 3 nieces and 1 nephew....)

Regards
    Marta

Thanks mums for your help.

Will definitely go have a look at these places.

Rani

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

sab
    sab is offline Registered User

Hi Rani,

My son also got a pair at Chicco (Harbour City store) which is very good too.

armstroe is offline Registered User

Hi Rani

For the last 6 years I always end up going to Footstop because they really do great fittings. As much as Seibu has lovely shoes (and well-priced at sale time), they are pretty diffident when it comes to fitting properly.

Also, at Footstop they carry a good range of widths, which makes all the difference for fitting shoes well.

Hi Armstroe,

Thanks for the feedback on Footstop. I haven't had a chance to visit their store. I heard the Start-Rite shoes they stock are great, but they are just as expensive as adult shoes

Do you remember how quickly your daughter outgrew her shoes? Just wondering if we'll be buying shoes every couple of months or so. Do I need to start saving now?

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

armstroe is offline Registered User

Hi Rani

It's even sadder when your kid's shoes cost more than yours! My daughter seemed to do a whole season, or about 6 months, in one pair of shoes - and the women at Footstop always measure for growing room. The secret I learnt was to just buy one pair at a time. Like one pair of good sandals that could go to kindy, then the playground and then get cleaned up for parties. And when it got cold I'd just put her in socks underneath them (you can commit more fashion crimes when you are young)

At Footstop they have a loyalty card too. Plus when you are in there, you can go and check out the new Italian deli across from there shop.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast