Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Vitamins for toddlers

Jez
    Jez is offline Registered User

Vitamins for toddlers

My toddler seems to catch a cold every 3-4 months and I was wondering if a multi-vitamin supplement would help boost her immunity. I asked my Ped and she said that it isn't necessary as Formula is rich in vitamins/minerals.

Just wondering if anyone is giving their babies/toddlers any vitamins.

Thanks
    Jez

(PS. my toddler drinks Enfamil)

armstroe is offline Registered User

Hi Jez

My first daughter was exactly the same, and things got so bad she ended up with chronic tonsilitis and had them removed when she was three. One year she had taken about 10 different courses of antibotics. VERY BAD. And her immunity was so depressed, she wasn't eating properly...and the doctor I was seeing suggested a homeopath. WOW, it made an amazing difference overnight. Basically she started eating properly and this is what improved her health and resistance to illness.

I see a wonderful woman called Juilia Mackenzie who works at the Vitality Centre. Along with "appetite" drops she also put us onto some kids multi-vitamins. My daughter is now 6 and I give her the Blackmores chewable tablets for kids (I have to get them from Australia: www.pharmacydirect.com.au)

Homeopathic treatments are highly effective in kids, and I can only speak from my experience in the dramatic improvement in my daughter.

You can also just pop into the Vitality Centre in Central to buy kids vitamins - they stock a number of different varities for different ages.

Good luck!

Rohini is offline Registered User

My son was the same way when he was younger (now 18 months), but the doctor said he was too young to take any vitamins.

However, my massage lady recommended that I rub a lotion on him with a mixture of aromatheraphy oils on his chest and back every day after his shower. This has really helped him and it's so natural. I still do this today.

I added 7 dops each of basil, eucalyptus,sandlwood and thyme to a samll lotion bottle filled with whatever lotion I was using for him (sebamed). Essential oils are available from most places but I find Frederique (in central) to have the best ones.

Also, always make sure your babies feet are covered with socks or clothing with feet as babies catch a cold easily through thier feet!

Hope this works!

Jez
    Jez is offline Registered User

Thanks Moms for the great advice.

Will definitely look into the Homeopathy and the oils.

ariel is offline Registered User

My toddler is almost 20 months and recently also keep having cold that last more than a week. While looking for alternative medicine to relief her cold & flu symptoms, I've found "cold & flu relief" by Brauer at Integrated Institute of Medicine in Central.

Since I've never use homeopathic medicine before, I'm just wondering any mom can share their experience with me when using them on their babies?

Can my 20 mths use the Blackmore chewables? or is there any other mulit-vit that any mom can recommend?

Does anyone knows how's traditional multi-vitamins like "seven seas", "polyvisol", etc compare with alternative or homeopathic multi-vitamins?

Where about is the Vitality Centre in Central?

Many thanks in advance.

rani is offline Administrator
    Founded GeoBaby in 2002