Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Full time mum with a lonely 2 year old

Wineglass is offline Registered User

Smile Full time mum with a lonely 2 year old

My 2 year old little one and I are new back in town from London and I am worried that she is lonely, despite spending 2 mornings a week at nursery, going to some playgroups (the YMCA in TST, Central Library) and being out lots with me and grandmother. We are waiting to start some playgroups at the "correct" time (they seem to be organised by terms - not very flexible !) and are trying to find out more about activities suitable for her, but it is not as straight-forward as I thought.

I think the problem is she is at the age where she adores older childrn - around 3 or 4 year olds or older. She is an only child and I had a diffiicult pregnancy (sky high blood pressure !) and I feel terrible when she chases after older children in delight, wanting to play with them !

If anyone has little ones who are up for having some fun with a lovely 2 year old regularly, please let me know ! I am a full time mum (used to be a lawyer), we speak English and Cantonese and live in Mid-levels.

Gabs

hkmummy is offline Registered User

hi there

Shame we live in NT otherwise I would love to meet up with you and your little one. Our girl is 21 months and also likes to play with older children.

aldougie is offline Registered User

I know you have signed up for some playgroups already but I wondered whether you had tried HKPPA on Bowen Road. They have an open play session on Mon/Wed/Fri which is for children from 6months to 5 years. I haven't been yet (am taking my daughter tomorrow) but have friends whose children go and they highly recommend it - the Open Play is quite informal and doesn't operate in terms. The details are on this website under Hong Kong/Education/Kindergarten & Playgroup. I think there is a joining fee of around $300 then you pay $50 a session and there is a good mix of mums and helpers.

Might be worth giving it a try (you can just turn up to see whether you like it) especially as there will be older children there as well.

Duan Ong is offline Registered User

Hi there

I have a 14 1/2 mth old daughter who is going on 3!! I take her to the HKPPA open play and she loves it. If you want to get-together and let the two play let me know. I live in Branksome, Midlevels and there is an enclosed playroom here which is great for kids or your 2 yr old can play with some of Lexi's toys.

Let me know and we can get-together.

duan

motherOF2 is offline Registered User

Hi Duan,
    I live in Branksome too and I have a 2 year old daughter. Any chance of catching up in the playroom soon? Let me know when is good for u next week.

Wineglass,
    Would ur daughter like to join our playgroup every wed? We're about 5 mothers but most are away on summer vacation. If u'd like, pls PM me your personal email or mobile no and I will let u know where the next one is. Normally starts around 3.30 pm.

rani is offline Administrator

Mumof2,

Duan has moved to Singapore.

somebodyfamous is offline Registered User

and looking at the dates of the post Duan's child AND Wineglass's child are both now around 8 years old... :)

martanoa is offline Registered User

Smile let's play!!!!!!!!

hello moms,we usually meet on monday afternoon at around
    16h30-17h00 somewhere in Pok Fu Lam.
    it's only 2 of us so far with a boy and a girl of 2 years old.
    we would love to enlarge our tiny group!! :yeah2
    because we love to play and share toys with other kids.we don't like to seat at home watching tv. we love socializing!
    we are open to suggestions (other days of the week, other places to meet up).
    anybody interested ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast