Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Mandarin speaking playgroup?

Rosamour is offline Registered User

Montessori for infant (Learning Creche)

Momo
    I just joined this thread and it has been very useful information as i am also struggling with the idea of including mandarin in my one year old daughter's life.

I have contacted the Montessori program (the one on Caine Rd right?). Is that the one your child goes to? How do you like it? they also have it bi-lingual mandarin/english for 2 1/2 year olds, right?

momo is offline Registered User

My son attends the Mandarin Stepping Stones at Montessori Repulse Bay (I think it is run by the same group at Caine Road) for 2 hours twice a week. Stepping Stones are for 2.5 year old. I have been speaking 100% Mandarin to my son since birth and he now speaks to me in Madarin only and English to my non-Chinese husband. The reason why I enrolled him with the Mandarin Stepping Stones is because I want him to get Mandarin exposure as much as possible because I believe once he starts school Mandarin will lapse behind as English will undoubtedly take over as the main communication language.

Zee
    Zee is offline Registered User

Mandarin Playgroup at YWCA

YWCA's Autumn 2004 schedules are out. There is a Mandarin playgroup for 2 to 3 year olds as well as a couple of other Mandarin classes for older kids.

lornaj is offline Registered User

The YWCA is about to start a new Mandarin playgroup. It's for 2-3 year olds, Tuesdays from 9.30am-10.30am. 8 sessions cost $1060. It's instructed by the same school mentioned by lucindak in an earlier post. First lesson begins next week (7 Sep-26 Oct). Children should be accompanied by a parent or helper. For more info call 3476 1340 or log on to http://esmd.ywca.org.hk The classes are listed under the "You and Yours" category. Hope this helps.
    Lorna

issa is offline Registered User

Which nursery are your children in?

Hi, considering we have the same 'wish' for our children in terms of language learning (trilingual), could you please share with me which nursery you've chosen foryour children cos there are not many which are trilingual. I live in Kowloon side tho' so the options in Kowloon Tong are more feasible for me.

And what is good about Artplus? I keep hearing about it.
    Have anyone tried Kids Gallery. Are they any good and which course is best?
    My daughter is going to nursery this Sept but I'd like to keep her occupied in the meantime.
    :)cheers

lornaj is offline Registered User

mandarin

Hi there,
    Woodland Montessori has bilingual classes (English and Mandarin) for pre-school. I'm not sure if there are schools in Kowloon Tong, but you can check their website at woodlandschools.com for the closest to your home.
    Good luck.
    Lorna

New Daddy is offline Registered User

KinderU offers a Glenn Doman style Mandarin playgroup for babies from 4 months and above. You can also check this one out. They are well within your budget.

xioyu is offline Registered User

Mandarin playgroups

Hi,

The above thread has been very informative. I'm a mom from US and would like my daughter to be bilingual (Mandarin/English). My husband as well as our maid speak only English to my daughter while I try to speak exclusively to my daughter in Mandarin as advised by our pedaetrician (surprisingly, this has worked so far as she has picked up a number of vocabularies in mandarin). It seems like most of the commercially run mandarin groups start from 2yrs of age. To get an earlier start for my daughter, I was wondering if anyone know of a house playgroup for mandarin-inclined kids on the HK side (mid-levels) or is interested in starting one, please let me know (you can contact me directly [email protected]).

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast