Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Baby Buddies

Swoon is offline Banned

Baby Buddies

Anyone with little ones at Baby Buddies? Does your little one enjoy it? I've heard that it's quite good and different from regular playgroups because it's for a couple hours. What's the best age to start?

scr
    scr is offline Registered User

Hi,

Baby buddies offers a trial class. Just call up and check. I went for one when my son was about 18 months old. It was fun no doubt but I'm not sure if it is very different from other playgroups. When I went it was a 2 hour session..first half hour of free play, then half hour of singing I think it was. Then snacks and arts and crafts. Last half hour of reading a book etc. The teacher is nice and handles the kids well. All the kids were having a great time. I found their payment system a little unreasonable. You pay for all the sessions in a month in advance which is fine but even if your chosen session falls on a public holiday you pay. You pay for any holiday season too..christmas, new year etc when the school is closed. I find that unreasonable because I have found another playgroup that charges only for the sessions that they are open not for any holidays. Also baby buddies was too far away for me to get my son ready and there on time. That was another reason that I didn't join them. They take a max of 10 kids in one session..with their helpers/moms - 20 + 1 teacher..it does get a little cramped. Now that my son is 2 years old I think that place is too small for him. Hope this helped.

Cheers

Swoon is offline Banned

Thanks so much for the feedback scr. Can you tell me which is the other playgroup you found that charges more reasonably? BB is also a bit far for me to go as I live in Mid-Levels and was wondering how I was going to get the little one ready in time in the morning for a 9:00 session. And the afternoon session didn't work because of his naptime.