Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

push chairs and getting around

jools is offline Registered User

push chairs and getting around

Hi everyone,
    I have recently moved to DB and am about to have my second child (my son is 20 months old). I have seen some pushchairs that would be suitable for the baby with a seat that sits on top for my son to sit in. Does any one know what make there are and more importantly I guess where you can get them from?

Thanks everso

Jools

JennyB is offline Registered User

As far as shops go, Bumps to Babes (Pedder St, Central, above SHanghai Tang) has the best range. But in DB there is a great second-hand market in baby goods - check out the notice board in the residents club and ParkNShop. I also live in DB and find that if you live walking distance from the Plaza, a slightly larger than average stroller is not so impractical as it would be on HK side. Just make sure it fits in your building's lift easily. Good luck!

svasbt is offline Registered User

Hi jools!

Welcome to D.B. We use Jeep Liberty 3-wheel stroller for our son and are super pleased with it. Our neighbors 2 doors down, who have an 18-month-old and a 6 months old, use Jeep Liberty tandem and also are happy with it. However Jeep tandem is quite long, and you will have to live in a house or somewhere you can leave the stroller downstairs. We got our stroller from Walmart Canada. Our neighbors got their second-hand from within D.B.

We're planning to have the second child soon (our son is 16 months old), and in fact have been looking around for a compact double stroller. We saw 2 families in D.B. that have this streamline double stroller, and I was so in love with it I had to stop a mother on the road and ask here where she got it from. She bought it in New Zealand, but said that we could easily get it on line. It's quite pricy, but looks incredible. The brand is Phil & Ted. I wished we had seen this stroller first before we bought the Jeep. It in fact is a single stroller, but you can buy an add-on seat for the second child. I'm trying to attach the picture here, and hope it works. If not, please look up Phil & Ted stroller on line.

Hope this helps.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	phil & ted.gif 
Views:	88 
Size:	11.3 KB 
ID:	73  
    Last edited by svasbt; 06-19-2004 at 10:56 PM.

Slee is offline Registered User

Here's a link, which by coincidence I'd included in another post today regarding double joggers. My brother-in-law uses this pram and is really happy with it. I'm planning on getting one when we have another baby.

https://secure.intellihost.co.nz/phi...amesetedub.htm

Slee is offline Registered User
    http://www.abcbuggy.co.nz/index.html

Or here's a link to Phil and Ted's new company! I'm guessing they must have sold their other business. In any event, these look even better - the toddler has a view with this buggy!