Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Question on expressed breast milk

barbwong_130 is offline Registered User

I saw the Fridge-to-go on sale in Watsons in the Admiralty Centre. They had a special promotional display. I thought they would be ideal for a working mother wanting to storage her milk (wish I’d had one when I was expressing at work).
    http://www.fridge-to-go.com

If you want the details of the inventor go to http://www.1000inventions.com and type in fridge-to-go in the search box for keywords.

Graham is offline Registered User
    Graham, will you be traveling with your wife to the airport? If so you could encourage her to start breastfeeding in public. She might feel very frighten to try but each time she does it it will get easier. And it is so helpful to have the support of your husband or other good friend the first few times you do try.
    Barb, Yes, I will be going to the airport with my wife, but to be honest, breast feeding in public in HK is not really something we've even considered or discussed before. I'm open to the idea, but my wife is fairly conservative so she might not be willing to. Of course I will support her what ever she wants to do.

Graham

Graham is offline Registered User
    Originally posted by barbwong_130
    I saw the Fridge-to-go on sale in Watsons in the Admiralty Centre. They had a special promotional display. I thought they would be ideal for a working mother wanting to storage her milk (wish I’d had one when I was expressing at work).
    http://www.fridge-to-go.com

If you want the details of the inventor go to http://www.1000inventions.com and type in fridge-to-go in the search box for keywords.
    Hmm....the comparison test results on the fridge-to-go website are certainly interesting. I'm definitely going to take a look at the product.

We are currently planning to use a Tommy Tippee insulated double bottle carrier together with an ice pack. I'm hoping the use of an ice pack will keep the milk chilled longer for those outdoor trips that last longer than expected of for when my wife starts expressing at work.

Graham

Mellie is offline Registered User

Here's a good article that will answer your question:

http://www.breastfeeding.com/all_abo...e_anwers1.html

Mellie

ollyvia is offline Registered User

Hello,

I'm a mother of 3. I remember being embarassed and uneasy when I had to breastfeed my first baby in public. So I totally understand what your wife is going through.
    I found this worked: find a quiet corner with less people, bring a small towel or blankie along and use that to cover part of the baby's face and your shoulder. I'd feel better and more secured if my husband is also nearby. Just for that 10 minutes! I've also been to the nursing room in the airport, it's another option. Just park your stroller in front of the door, other people will know someone is inside and might, most of the times, not enter. Really.... I'd rather breastfeed my baby in public than taking the risk of ruining the breastmilk during the trip.

Good luck!

capital is offline Banned

I have never been able to master the art of using the recieving blanket to stay covered so I bought a kooshies nursing bib, but it was pathetically small, so I made myself one that was much bigger.

It is just a really large peice of flannel with a neck opening big enough that you can look down to see how baby is latched and has snaps so it will snap around your neck and won't fall off. You could also just take a large recieving blanket and make one.

I use it in canada when breastfeeding in public and my husband is present as HE is the one who is so worried someone might see a millimeter of flesh. I don't always use it in poblic when alone, depends on how many men are around. I'm not sure why my husband is so worried, He is HK chinese and I don't think he ever was exposed to BF growing up there.

I too was nervous to BF in public initally, especially in the beginning when latching is such a production, but after a few times you realize it is you who thinks people notice, when really no one pays any attention.

I also used the nursing bib in Hong kong all the time when in public earlier this year. There are so many places that don't have mother rooms, so I would just feed anywhere that I could sit down. parks, reastaurants, benches in malls, wherever. Noone commented and no one was staring. We spent the majority of our time in Tsuen Wan where there are as many foreigners too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12