Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Australian International School

momo is offline Registered User

Does anyone know anything about the Australian International School - does it have good reputation?

ozgirlv is offline Registered User

Hi there
    We are thinking of relocating to HK in the next year or so and I was thinking of sending my daughter to this school. She is currently in a Grammar school in NSW. I have not heard anything about it also and have only investigated via the website, so if you hear of anything could you please let me know.
    I am interested in this school simply because they follow the same curriculum as NSW so when we eventually return she won't find it difficult to fit back in.
    Good luck.

Jen Spain is offline Registered User

Hi,
    I'm not sure if I can help much, but my husband is an upper primary teacher at the AISHK, so I can tell you a little about his perspective and what I know and have seen there.
    My husband came from private schools in both Canberra and Melbourne and rates the AISHK as being up there with the best in terms of learning and development. The teachers work very hard (in fact, I have not seen him work so hard!), my husband says the leadership at the school is second-to-none and that they have great resources available to them. One thing my husband has particularly noted is the commitment the school has to ensure an adequate balance between the Australian and local cultures.
    I am sure that there are both positives and negatives, but a good indication is that my husband would love our daughter Ally to go there if we are still in HK when she is older!
    Hope that helps a little,
    Jen

jane01 is offline Registered User

I do not have first had experience, but have only heard good things about the Australian School. Certainly they have fantastic facilities but I have heard from many sources that the leadership and staff commitment (as Jen mentioned) is fantastic.

I plan to send my daughter there as soon as she is old enough to commute from DB.

ozgirlv is offline Registered User

Travelling from Macau to AISHK - HELP-

HI there

As my husband will be working in Macau and I wish my daughter to attend the Australian International school. Is it at all possible for her to travel to school everyday from Macau. What transportation is available and how long would it take?
    We're trying to work out where the best place would be to live, although Macau would be more convenient work wise. Any suggestions?
    Thank you

yourshappily is offline Registered User

Smile I knew nothing before but one day when i passed by ..

that Australian Intl Sch .. I was very impressed. the children were playing very happily. I just stood and observed. Several minutes later two kids approached me and started introducing themselves to me. They were very smart and friendly. Not much I know about the school but it just naturally attracted me.

issa is offline Registered User

Hi, could you tell me what the cost is for Primary level? This school sounds really good. Would I need to buy debentures and is it refundable? cheers!

oasis is offline Registered User

Fees

Came across a very useful website
    www.classmateasia.com
    It has links to the various international schools in HK.
    It also gives you a comparison of the school fees and debentures if any.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast