Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

C-Section and natural birth thereafter?

Rosewood is offline Registered User

C-Section and natural birth thereafter?

An wondering if there is anyone that had a c-section 1st time round and was able to deliver naturaly for subsequent births?

benjy is offline Banned

Hello
    sorry I had copied-pasted some info on that but lost my reply :(

anyway, u can find it here:
    http://www.acegraphics.com.au/diary/...midwifery.html

I couldn't help u more since i haven't experienced it but I know from other moms that it is more than possible.. and even recommended by the WHO.. the most difficult is to find a doctor willing to do it.. or.. a midwife who would certainly be more open to your requests!

good luck..
    benjy

momo is offline Registered User

Hi Rosewood, I had c-section with my first child because he was a breech baby. For my 2nd baby - 2 years later - I was determined to have a natural delivery. My gynea was supportive and in January this year I delivered my daughter naturally without epidural. It was the most wonderful experience. So yes, it is possible.

shaz is offline Banned

How hard or easy is it to have a VBAC.
    I too had a c-section with first and want another baby soon.
    Been thinking should i go c-section again or natural.
    How flexible are the doctors about the whole thing - i heard have a c-section always a c-section.

minono is offline Registered User

I am in the same situation.

HK doctors told me that 70% of mothers in HK have a successful vaginal delivery after a 1st C-section.

Among the 30% are the possible following cases
    - 1st C-section was due to mother case and not due to the child (like a breech position)
    - Late birth (after due date) as the birth cannot be induced (too much pressure on the scar) and doctors don't like too late delivery due to older uterus
    - Risk of scar rupture during tentative vaginal delivery

Hope this helps

shaz is offline Banned

Could i get the c-section done electively in a public hospital this time round as my first was c-section (first time i had it done elective at a private hospital - so expensive.) This was a personal choice i made and did not have any medical problems or baby problems or anything like that.

momo is offline Registered User

My personal experience with the natural delivery of my second baby (after c-section for first breech baby) was most beautiful and unforgettable. I cannot imagine anything would be more special than the moment when I felt her head coming out (I did not have epidural hence I could feel her all the time as she was "exiting"). My only concern at that time was that if the labour went on for too long the doctor will not induce me for fear of rupturing the previous c-section scar and I would end up having to have a c-section. As it turned out the whole thing lasted less than 6 hours from the moment of first contraction to the time when my daughter was born. Personally speaking I would not swap the experience (nor pain) for anything else. I think if your pelvis is wide enough (which the doctor will check towards end of the pregnancy) you should have a chance of giving birth naturally if that is what you one. The recovery time after natural delivery is also a definite plus.

minono is offline Registered User

If you can, it always worth trying to attempt the first natural birth for as long as you can before ending up in emergency c-section because you/your body would know the experience and would have stretched.
    It will definetily make the 2nd experience faster and easier for sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast