Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

HK Urgent need legal part time maid for one month

minono is offline Registered User

HK Urgent need legal part time maid for one month

Our newly employed maid played bad tricks on us and I am now left with requesting a visa for a new one which I will probably not get before 4 weeks.

Problem is that I am 8 months pregnant working mother with a 2y and 4m toddler and cannot handle everything. It is a catastrophe for me.

Eventually I would need that person the afternoons and she would have to be legal to work for us as I do not want problem with the immigration.

Otherwise, how can I get my son taken care of every afternoon after his kindegarten?

Hope I don't deliver earlier....

ANY HELP, ANY HINT......THANKS SO MUCH

HKfornow is offline Registered User

Minono, sorry to hear of your plight. You might try the government agencies that may find someone for you. You give them a job description, how much you want to pay, how many hrs you want them to work, etc., then they will try to find a candidate for you. These numbers were provided to me by a local, so I have no personal experience with them. Good Luck

2382-3339
    2527-2249
    2577-8653

rani is offline Administrator

Minomo.

Try the Methodist Centre.

http://www.geobaby.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=103151

I called them a few months ago as I was desperate for help. They have a list of local helpers. Didn't end up using their services, as one of my neighbour's helpers filled in till our new helper arrived.

Also to expedite your new helper's paperwork, fax a letter to the Director of immigration quoting your case # and explaining your situation. Have heard papers being processed within a week.

Good Luck!
    Rani

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

Fafa is offline Registered User

Agreed with Rani. I had the experiences of being speed up the process of my application by writing a letter to the Immigration Dept to explain the urgency of a new helper.

Just fax to Wanchai headquarter will do.

Good luck!

Fafa

minono is offline Registered User

I have found an helper and processed the visa quickly even do it was approved only 2 weeks after the birth of my 2nd child.

Thanks again and here some feedback that could help.

The local helper tip was great. However, it didn't work for us as no helper felt confident enough with their english to manage my toddler. They felt it was too much responsibility. Mind you I have found that way a nice old lady that is now teaching me how to cook cantonese with a very reasonnable price.

For speeding up the visa, here some ground rules. The immigration would speed up the visa according to urgency and workload (in our case 3 w. from an initial6 weeks). They would only do it for "simple cases" which are cases for which the helper doesn't have to go back overseas to process her visa.

Here the cases when helpers can process their visas in HK:
    - finished contract (normal end)
    - early termination because the employer has "good reasons" to do so: death, valid financial reasons (loss of job), relocation overseas.

Hope this helps.

dulce is offline Registered User

Ms. Minomo,
    If you want to speed up your helper's visa issuance go straight to the Immigration Department with your son and an expedite letter with the VCA Number. For sure, if they see your situation it might be released within 7 days. Faxing your expedite letter is absolutely OK but it would be better if you go there personally. 6/F, Domestic helpers Section, window 23. Just get a number and wait for your call

Yzabelle is offline Registered User

Hello everyone,

Anyone who needed or looking for a part time work, you can email me, if i am suitable for your prepared time and day, maybe i can help you.

Many thanks,

Belle