Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

best gyno for c-section (and small scar!)

muriel is offline Registered User

best gyno for c-section (and small scar!)

Dear All,

I need to change my gyno and I woould like to change to one who is great with c-sections as that is what I am having. Who would you recommend - I have heard the following are good generally but not sure who people would recommend for a caesar:

Sally Ferguson, Dr Dawkins, Dr Gosh or Dr Phillip Ho.

Please help if you can recommend any of them!!

Muriel

rani is offline Administrator

Hi Muriel,

You can read reviews of the Drs in our directory here:

http://www.geobaby.com/com/mxdirecto...gynecologists/

Rani

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

ojekydumbo is offline Registered User

Hi Murriel,

I had elective C-Section last Feb with Dr. Danny Kong, he's done a fantastic job, a small insicion right on the bikini line (hardly notice that) and no stiches!

Danny Kong also is a very good OB/GYN, treats his patient with such caring and personal approach.

Would highly recomend him ....

Good luck!

Ojekydumbo

Starry is offline Registered User

Dr. Ghosh

Hi Muriel,

I would strongly recommend Dr. Ghosh. For my first child (now a year old) I had to have a c-section because he was lying transverse in my tummy.

I always wanted a natural delivery and was very nervous about having a c-section but Dr. Ghosh was very re-assuring in the lead up to the surgery. The surgery itself was much easier than I expected and Dr. Ghosh was great during it as well. My recovery was really quick and the morning after the surgery I was up on my feet and even had a shower on my own. I had to be careful not to pull my stitches but I honestly felt no pain at all before, during or after the surgery. My scar is very low on the bikini and very small and cant be seen even in the tinniest bikini. Dr. Ghosh recommended a silicone strip for my scar for the first 6 weeks which really helped it heal well. My follow up visits with him were very good as well and he truly has an excellent bedside manner.

I now think that even if I were to leave Hong Kong, I want to come back to him for the delivery of my second child. Dr. Ghosh has his practice at Shui On Centre in Wanchai. The telephone number is: 2877 3118.

He works with a Pediatrician, Dr. Thondup who was there during the surgery and visited my son in the hospital every morning for the 5 days. He is an excellent Pediatrician and we're very happy with our choice.

Good luck for your delivery and I wish you a safe one with whichever Doctor you chose.

MG

muriel is offline Registered User

Dear MG,

That is really great advice - Dr Ghosh sounds very good. Do you know if he will deliver at the Matilda? Also, what are his costs like for a c-section - does he charge more if you are in a private room?

This is all rather new to me so your help is really appreciated!

Muriel

Starry is offline Registered User

Hi Muriel,

Dr. Ghosh does deliver at Matilda, it's where I had my baby. Doctors as a rule, charge more if a patient is in a private room. I had a private room so my husband could spend the night there as well. Matilda should be able to give you their room rates for a c-section. They also provide a Maternity Spa visit (that's what they call it) for mums-to-be so you can have a look at the
    different room types. I also did their ante-natal class which was helpful and some of my good friends now are those I met in the class.

About Dr. Ghosh's rates, I think you would need to check with him. Another benefit of being a patient of Dr. Ghosh and Dr. Thondup is that they have an excellent health visitor, Yvonne Heavyside. Through them, Yvonne runs a free mum and baby clinic at their practice (Shui On Centre) on Monday mornings. You can take your baby in every week for a weighing, ask about any problems you may have once the baby is born right from breastfeeding to your baby not sleeping well. My son is a year and we still take him in to see Yvonne sometimes. Yvonne also separately runs the Mum and Baby group and Mum and Toddler group at Matilda every Thursday.

I read your question on aqua aerobica and Multi Sport Hong Kong may have something. Sorry but I don’t have their number on me.

:)
    MG

Muriel,

I saw Dr Ghosh during my first trimester, we didn't quite click so I switched. Anyway, he quoted me 30K, which included check-ups and delivery. However his charges do fluctuate, another mom in my babygroup was charged 30K just for the delivery (c-section).
    Rani

Last edited by rani; 01-10-2005 at 02:35 PM.
    Founded GeoBaby in 2002

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast