Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

back ache from baby slings

Jasmin is offline Registered User

back ache from baby slings

I have tried a baby bjorn - which was hopeless - even from the early months and now I have a Maclearan one - which is wonderful but Gus is 8kgs. Can anyone recommend a good sling with back support? I don't want to waste any more money on them... I have to get this one right!

hunhun is offline Registered User

Maybe a back carrier which comes with a frame may suit your purpose. I had a similar problem b4. Apart from switching to a back carrier, I also visited Stretch Asia who fixed my back pain and advised me on the correct posture.

Cyndi is offline Registered User

Hi Jasmin,

We've got a Deuter baby carrier which is great for walking / hiking, good storage space and comes with a removable sun roof and stand. My daughter has outgrown it and she prefers to walk by herself. I am selling it if you are interested, it's 90% new and in perfect condition.

Cheers,
    Cyndi

saralee is offline Registered User

I can highly recommend baba slings. I used to use the baby bjorn when my little one was only 6Kgs and I suffered terrible backache. A friend recommended the baba sling and I cannot tell you how much it has changed our lives! It takes a little while to get used to but is so versatile and my daughter loves it. So much so that she will take naps in it if I am running erands around town.

I position it on my hip which takes all the pressure off my back. There are also a number of other positions you can use. I've attached the website if this helps. http://www.babaslings.com/index.asp

LLL_Sarah is offline Registered User

I am very fortunate and have never suffered from back ache so I choose an over one shoulder style sling for its convenience.

But many mothers in our group have told me that it hurt their backs less than a front pack did. I think this is because as the baby gets older you sit them on your hip and the weight is more evenly spread throughout your body.

We sell two types of these slings:

The Mayawrap, http://www.mayawrap.com/ at $450

The Baby Cradle Sling, this is very similar to the Original Baby Sling, http://amos.shop.com/amos/cc/pcd/872...0297/ccsyn/260
    but is smaller – we found it suits the smaller build of mothers in Asia better at $280

Best wishes,
    SARAH
    La Leche League – Hong Kong
    2548-7636
    [email protected]