Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

baby refusing bottle

Avi
    Avi is offline Registered User

baby refusing bottle

i've been mostly breastfeeding my baby for the past 3 months and also giving one bottle feeding of formula per day. two days ago she decided she wasn't going to take the bottle anymore. i've gone out to buy some new bottles. so far i've tried the avent and nuk bottles and no luck.. now i'm going to try the pigeon ones. does anyone know any other kinds and baby may like?? or any suggestions on how i should approach this. i thought that i should stop trying for a few days and then try again hoping that she forgets that she didn't like the bottle to begin with.

gini is offline Registered User

bottles

I too had a similar problem. My son hated Avent cuz the nipple is too hard. Pigeon is okay but he loves Chicco.

a mom is offline Registered User

at about the same stage, my son started refusing the bottle. i collected every brand nipple/bottle configuration i could and he wouldn't go for one. i wound up exclusively nursing until he was 10 months, when he himself decided he was interested in baby cups. so we skipped bottles basically. maybe, hopefully, your daughter will find something she likes. but if not, well, on the upside i did lose a LOT of weight. good luck!

babysheep is offline Registered User

Nipple, Bottle or nothing

If u have decided u have to feed ur baby bottle for any reasons, u may just feed him bottle. If he refuses, keep doing it until succeed.

Afterall, eating is a basic need. When he is very very very hungry and he can only get his 'food' from the bottle, he will take it.

The key is persistency in feeding with bottle.

Hope this helps :)

Good Luck!

Joyce is offline Registered User

I had the same problem with my daughter......in the end she had no choice but to take the bottle as she was hungry. I was desperate to avoid the same thing with my son this time and gave him a bottle of expressed milk everyday which he took quite happily. Unfortunately, I didn't give him the bottle for a couple of days and now he's fighting the bottle.....

val23 is offline Registered User

Hi,

I had the same problem with my baby. He didnt want to drink from the bottle nor did he want to drink formula milk. No matter how hard I tried, he just refused them. Making him hungry didnt work as he'd rather cry and cry than drink from the bottle.

In the end, I let him drink from the sipping cup (water) and he was agreeable to it. So he too skipped the bottle part.

Valerie

hellmary is offline Registered User

Hi,

I have the same problem recently. My son has been taking a bottle of formula since birth and suddenly one day 2 weeks ago he just refused to take it anymore. I have tried different bottles and nipples and we end up having a bottle fight. He started crying as soon as he touched the nipple and both of us were exhuasted. Last week my husband tried the playtex bubbles free angled bottle, amazingly my son took it with only a little fuss and he has been taking it for 5 days now. I've tried Gerber, Avent and other brand, this seems to be one, may be it's like drinking mother's milk without any bubbles. Another brand I would like to recommend from a friend in UK, the MAM 5oz Ultivent bottle Triple Pack - Blue from Baby-Supplies.co.uk.

Good luck

a_chan is offline Registered User

I have the same problem with my daughter at 2.5 months. She is breastfeed for about 1 month than change to formula. And then in the mid of 2nd month, she starts to hate the bottle. But we didn¡¦t do anything (not even change the nipple, or enlarge the hole) and now she is co-operating again. I¡¦ve asked our PD about it, and he said there are some extreme case that the baby do not like to drink milk from 3 months, as they feel bored about it. The only ¡§co-operating time¡¨ is right in the morning or night time, when baby is very sleepy. As the baby is still young, cannot introduce solid at such early stage, so, he said the strategy is to get the baby get distracted and feed him when half asleep.

AC