Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mandarin Speaking Mother and baby group

Wee Kean is offline Registered User

Mandarin Speaking Mother and baby group

Hi, I am going to form a Mandarin Speaking Mother and baby group. I am inviting mothers that can speak Mandarin (or would like to learn to speak Mandarin/Putonghua) and would like their babies to speak Mandarin as well to join this group. I am Malaysian Chinese and my baby daughter is 6 months plus now. I live in Pokfulam. We will meet up once a week and take turn to host the meeting. The meeting will be a casual one, with different theme each time. The objective is for mothers and babies to socialize and do things together. First meeting is on 25 of May at 11am at my place. If you are interested, please email me at [email protected]

secretsquirrel is offline Registered User

Hi Wee Kean, your posting was already a year ago. Did your group you trying to organise kickoff?

jasminea is offline Registered User

i emailed him,no response!

Hi Jasminea and Secretsquirrel,

I am soooo sorry, I didn't subscribe to this forum (when I first posted this message, I was very new to Geobaby and thus didn't know that I can actually subscribe it) and I am not sure I did receive your email Jasminea (what is your email add?) as I received lots of emails for the past one year. When did you email me?

Anyway, yes, the group is still on since May 2005. However, we stopped meeting during summer holiday as most of us were travelling (some are still travelling)

We are planning to resume meeting this Friday. The age of the children now are between 22 to 24 months. We meet at either Central or Pokfulam or Park Island. Sometimes we meet in the indoor playroom, sometimes at the parks or at home.

All of the mothers in our group speak and read Mandarin. We take turn to read to the children, sing Chinese children song, recite poems, etc. Everything is in Mandarin.

Please email me if you are interested in joining us.

Mary Benedict from SaiKung, I've lost your email address. If you would like to join us, please email me. Thanks!

Cheers!
    Wee Kean

Vivian is offline Registered User

Would you like to have gatherings in Shan Tin or Ma On Shan?

Hi Vivian,

Where is Shan Tin? Is it Sha Tin? I think Ma On Shan will be too far for us to travel to. Anyhow, may be you can find mothers who live in NT area to form one yourself?

I live in Pokfulam, the Belcher's, so prefer to stay close to home as it is very difficult to travel with toddler and feed my daughter outside.

Looking for new members

Hi, as mentioned in my previous messages, I have organised a Mandarin Speaking Mother and Toddler group. I am looking for new members in joining us as some of the children of our group have started attending nursery. At the moment we have 4 children age between 25 months to 27 months. We meet at Pokfulam/Sheung Wan area on every Friday between 10am to 11.30am (Free play to begin with, activities start at 10.30am, 11.15am is lunch hour for kids, 12am is lunch fellowship for mothers)

During each meeting, we will sing Chinese songs, recite San Zi Jin, flash cards, story time, puppet show, etc. All mothers speak Mandarin and help up in running the group. All the children can speak Mandarin or some Mandarin.

If you are mothers who can speak Mandarin, would like to meet up with Mandarin speaking mothers, would like your child to have Mandarin speaking friends, child's age is between 24 months to 30 months, willing to help out in running the group, and most importantly has commitment in attending the meetings as frequent as possible (just like attending other paid playgroups), you are welcome to join us.

Please email me for more information. You are welcome to try attending our meeting to see whether this is what you are looking for.

Regards,
    Wee Kean

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast