Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Where to get good quality baby beddings/linen?

yca
    yca is offline Registered User

Question Where to get good quality baby beddings/linen?

My husband and I are trying to get some good quality beddings for our first baby. So far we have been checking out all the shops in Time Square and Tsim Sha Tsui but only found one brand called Jacadi carries something very nice. My husband is very fussy about the material of the beddings. Although most of the beddings we found are 100% cotton, they don't feel that soft. Except for those expensive one in Jacadi which feel very soft and nice. We would like to look for more before we decided to invest in those expensive one...

We wonder if anyone has any advice on where to get some good quality beddings. We would love to get things like crib linen sheet set, bumper pads, and probably something like a carrynest/comforter/sleeping bag (wonder what are the difference between these three...).

Besides, does anyone know where to get a good musical mobile? We noticed that there are a lot of fansy ones out there with all sort of soft toys hanging but we wonder if those are good enough to stimulate the baby. We feel that those fansy ones are more for the sake of decoration. If that is the case, we may as well getting something actually helps to stimulate the baby.

Sorry for all the stupid questions. This is our first time being parents that we just want to get things right... Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

jane01 is offline Registered User

You could try the Treehouse range at Indigo (used to be Banyan Tree) at Repulse Bay or Ap Lei Chau. The range is shown at:

http://www.treehouse.net.au/

You might also find that as long as the sheets are 100% cotton and good quality, they will be softer after you wash them.

Just a note on the cot bumper, personally I wouldn't buy one for a new baby because of the risk of SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome). For more information see:

http://www.sidsandkids.org/ , particularly:

http://www.sidsandkids.org/pdf/safesleep.pdf

Hope that helps

yca
    yca is offline Registered User

Hi jane01, thank you for your recommendation and information. I looked it up on Yellow Pages and can only find the one in Ap Lei Chau. I wonder if you have the phone number or address of Indigo at Repulse Bay. Thank you.

jane01 is offline Registered User

From the PCCW website:

Tel: 2592 8721

mambo is offline Registered User

mobile

hi vca, I was in the same boat as you in preparing for our first baby and asked all the 'same' questions.

For linens I went without the bumpers due to the risk of SIDS. I searched and couldn't find nice prints and soft ones. In the end, though I ended up buying material and sewing my own. (not that difficulut actually) I think all a baby needs are some nice soft sheets and a blanket.

Our son tends to kick off his blankets all the time so the next thing are the sleeping bags which I've seen at Mothercare stores called the Gro-bag.

I've searched hi and lo in HK(so it seems) for a mobile that will stimulate my baby. The most practical one and one that my baby now enjoys is by Tiny Love. It plays Mozart and has 4 motions and with 3 sea creatures on it. I've seen it at Toy's R Us and one at O/3 Baby store in TST, and a store called Toys Club in central. (there's a similar one that plays 3 different classical songs, but they ran out of those ones) . There's also an educational store (forgot the name) in Lee Garden's in CWB that sells it.

Good luck in your preparation for your baby and have lots of fun!

rani is offline Administrator
    Founded GeoBaby in 2002