Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Photographer for taking baby photos

hoochiemama is offline Registered User

Angry Beware of Moments Gallery

I got sucked in by the the photographer at Moments Gallery. She offers a few free shots at Matilda hospital, but then tells you that you can redo them at her studio quoting only studio fee as the costs.

I thought her fee included everything but only after the photo session was done and I paid the studio fee, she told me I could only buy individual photos at her rates only (EXORBITANT!) I could not get the negatives and if I wanted them, each individual shot was charged at THREE times her largest print size rates! can you imagine the costs! I have only one photo to show for that experience that I used for my birth anouncement cards.

Precious moments taken of my baby at a week old and I can only get them if I pay near $10,000 HKD!

I find it somewhat dishonest to prey on mothers at their most vulnerable just after birth, somewhat like ambulance chasing small claims lawyers going to hospitals to find clients.

rani is offline Administrator

WOW!

We gave birth at the Adventist and they also have a photographer who comes in and takes pics of all the new babies. I can't remember the name of the studio, will have to check when I get home. They then give you a huge book of say 10 prints with cute oneliners with each pic. Ok, the photos aren't excellent but its a nice touch and its FREE with the maternity package! They also include an order form if you want additional prints.

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

hoochiemama is offline Registered User

Thumbs down Avoid Moments Gallery

It was all very misleading. The free photo she took at the Matilda weren't free at all. She took a few photos and you had to pay her high priced rates for prints of your few days old baby. The Matilda uses the photo on their website.

I know a few moms also annoyed by her misleading tactics and opportunistic arrangements she has going at the Matilda. I was so out of it from having had an emergency cesarian under general anesthetics. She tells me to go back to her studio to take the photos again as my baby had a rash. I just though she was being nice and giving me a chance to reshoot.

If I had known about the expense I was going to encounter in the photo session I would have shown up at the shoot with make-up and presentable and may have gone with my husband as well for a family portrait.

For all the high fees at the Matilda, you don't even go home with a print like you did at the Adventist.

carang is offline Registered User

my friend and i took photos ourselves with her digital camera. my hubby was there too! we had a good time doing it, but i've been really lazy and haven't finished the touch ups yet. i've attached some for you to see...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	andrew and babe upright2.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	345.5 KB 
ID:	137   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	andrew **** bw2.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	207.3 KB 
ID:	138   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	face2 bw.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	315.8 KB 
ID:	139   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hands and babe.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	395.8 KB 
ID:	140   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	liam on white.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	699.4 KB 
ID:	141  

carang is offline Registered User

here are a few more, if you're interested...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mom and dad ****.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	292.8 KB 
ID:	143   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0089.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	513.4 KB 
ID:	144   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0090.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	516.2 KB 
ID:	145  

rani is offline Administrator

Carang,

These are great! Thanks for sharing.

Rani

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

Hagrid is offline Registered User

Katherine/hunhun,

Radhika Rao's photos look really good. May I know how much you paid for the photo shot?

lotusyll is offline Registered User

I had Radhika take pictures for us a few weekends ago and despite her high rates, the pictures are very well done. Out of every 10, there are at least 8 good ones. I do think the extra charges of developing each picture (about HK$60 each!) and the flat-rate buy-out fee of HK$5000 (to get all the negatives) is very high. We are also getting Christmas cards made from the pictures (which I think is reasonable on a per card cost). However, I find Radhika rather curt and sometimes sarcastic in her emails, very different from her warm and smiling personality in person. Perhaps its her pregnancy hormones. Oh well.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast