Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Dr. Jennie Ng at Melbourne Plaza?

Yee
    Yee is offline Registered User

Dr. Jennie Ng at Melbourne Plaza?

May I ask if anyone have any comments on Dr. Jennie Ng at Melbourne Plaza?

ollyvia is offline Registered User

Saw her years ago for removal of ovarian cyst. Very skillful and her equipments (at that time) were the latest. Find her a bit cold though, but maybe due to language (I speak English).

All the best, Ollyvia

TayTay is offline Registered User

I had my baby delivered by her, and would definitely go to her again if I have another one.

She seems quite cold at first, but I take that as professionalism. I saw another doctor initially, and was quite disappointed at a comment one of the nurses made..... won't go into that here. Therefore, changed to Dr Jennie based on a friend's recommendation.

Has 4D technology, so great if you want to see what your little one looks like. She may not do this every time for you, but you can always ask. As with many HK doctors, they seem to want to rush and get you out of the door ASAP, but Dr Jennie is good at answering everything, as long as you are prepared with your questions.

Her prices are good too, and she doesn't give you excess vitamins and minerals etc. just for the sake of getting more per consultation. Approx. HK$700 per consultation.

Batman is offline Registered User

I agree with Ollyvia. I saw her once (recomended by friend) for prenatal checkup but I don't like her. I don't think it's because of language as I speak Cantonese. She is just cold and doesn't seem care.

Quote Originally Posted by ollyvia
    Saw her years ago for removal of ovarian cyst. Very skillful and her equipments (at that time) were the latest. Find her a bit cold though, but maybe due to language (I speak English).

All the best, Ollyvia

jasminea is offline Registered User

Dr Jennie Ng-
    I very well recommended her to anyone-Yes,sometimes you may feel rush ,you may even think she is cold,but dont forget she has soo many clients waiting for her outside.You got to prepare your questions beforehand.
    She do not overcharged .
    I have 2 of my beautiful daughters delivered by her-C -section.
    Personally,i feel that she is the kind of doctor who makes you feel 'trust me i know what im doing ,but not too many questions because there are many people waiting.'
    She knows EXACTLY what she s doing and you can be rest assured putting your live on the operation table with her around!
    Im very happy with her,and i will have my third child with her the next time round!
    However,i know one other doctor who answers questions patiently and explains the darks spots on the screen,so if you need him,p.m.me.

jasminea is offline Registered User

i think that s just her character.if you can by pass them,i would really recommend her.her clients lists is so long,everyday there s full queue,at least you know she is very very experienced esp coming to C sections.i went to one doctor once,little clients,spent time explaining and then overcharged.gives excess vitamins,then charged more.

2010-NewDad is offline Registered User

This is an old post, but I know people search these forums for Doctor names to get feedback (I certainly did!). So I am adding this here for people who search and find this thread:

We used Dr Jenny Ng in Melbourne Plaza for our checkup/scans. She charged us $600 each visit, of which we paid $120 and our insurance covered the rest. She is with Quality Healthcare so there was no forms or claims for us, the clinic arranges it directly with the insurer which was nice,

The visits included an ultrasound each time, as well as urine & mother blood tests on different occasions. We also had the OSCAR test after 12 weeks. We have had four visits so far, and waited 5-10 minutes every time which was fine. Her manner is reasonable, no nonsense but answered every question we had to our satisfaction.

The only bad point for us is we asked her to book Matilda for us, which she did on time (9 weeks!) but Matilda simply refused the booking. I guess they give preference to their favourite obgyns, however I was surprised we didn't even get on to a waiting list booking as early as nine weeks. This isn't a reflection on Dr Ng, just something to consider if you want to give birth at Matilda. In the end, we decided we were happier to continue with Dr Ng and we booked the HK Sanatorium instead.

chihuahua is offline Registered User

I saw her in 2012 when I was pregnant and my experience with her was not so pleasant to say the least. As many described here I found her cold. She was totally apathetic when she was telling us that I had a miscarriage. What was worse than that on the day of the surgery in Canossa hospital, she was LATE for 40 minutes while all the nurses and myself were ready for the surgery in the ice-cold operating room. When she showed up, she didn't even apologize, just said the traffic was bad. Thus, I personally don't recommend her to anyone, unless you're a type who doesn't mind this type of treatment.