Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Need DH and some advice

NewMover is offline Registered User

Need DH and some advice

Hello: I am moving to HK in August/September and am looking for 2 live-in DHs to help look after my 2 children. Any recommendations? Have to be, of course, great with infants and toddlers and can cook well. Thanks very much.

Avi
    Avi is offline Registered User

Hi Newmover,

Welcome to Hong Kong. One way to find a DH is to through agencies and pay them a fee to help you find someone. You can hire one that is already in Hong kong , one that has finished contract or has been terminated. You can also choose from those that are overseas. To my understanding, those from overseas take a few months to process. I chose one that had to be terminated cause the employer had financial difficulties. The agents do have quite a large pool of those that have finished contracts. I intereviewed about 8 b4 I decided one one.

joannetsao is offline Registered User

ACJ is an agency that has a higher quality pool of domestic helpers. We hired one helper from there and she's been quite good so far. Keep in consideration when hiring that sisters are not always the best solution as they can be sisters but not necessarily friends, and if a tragedy hits the family, you have a logistical problem with both of your helpers either falling apart or having to return home. This happened to us, so I caution you against it. Always check references and ask probing questions!

fresian is offline Registered User

You can also source them online from www.amahnet.com and then interview them yourself. The advantage (compared to maid agencies) is that you can meet and interview them before hiring them. After finishing a contract, a helper usually has about 2 weeks to find a new employer.

Last edited by rani; 07-11-2005 at 10:32 AM.

hunhun is offline Registered User

If you require a Filipino helper with ample baby/children care experiences, good cooking skills and pleasant personality. I know of a couple of good ones looking for jobs, so email me if you are interested in hiring a DH.

CAILLOU

CASPER

rani is offline Administrator

I was involved with the launch of Amahnet years ago! Its a great site but the quality of helpers listed has deteriorated. Majority have been terminated.

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

jasneil is offline Banned
    chong blg., water street, western dist., hong kong
    Quote Originally Posted by NewMover
    Hello: I am moving to HK in August/September and am looking for 2 live-in DHs to help look after my 2 children. Any recommendations? Have to be, of course, great with infants and toddlers and can cook well. Thanks very much.
    hi NewMover!!!!!

i have some private message for you in you mailbox.

jasneil is offline Banned
    chong blg., water street, western dist., hong kong

NewMover..

e-mail me at [email protected] if you still need two live-in domestic helper.