Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Baby Formula - Help Needed

Zlmao is offline Registered User

Baby Formula - Help Needed

Dear friends,

Do you know where I can find the Baby Formula (SIMILAC for 1 year old) in Hong Kong? The ones in the super market are different from what my baby used to have in the US...and it tastes a lot sweet - I am concerned about too much sugar and addictives were added to the formula. If you can share with your experience, I would really appreciate it!!

jem
    jem is offline Registered User

similac

hi there, i moved from HK-new york for 8 months with my new born - then moved back. all this time she was on formula - enfamil here and similac there. i can recommend enfamil as it is nearly exactly the same make up which is why i chose it in the first place (as i knew there was a US brand the same)>
    you can buy it anywhere and i guess you need the pink tin.
    you can get organic baby powder as well if you are still dubious, but i found my baby rejected this.
    if you are still worried. email me and i have some similac left from the US!
    jem

Zlmao is offline Registered User

Formula

Jem, Thank you so much for your recommendations! Do you think that the taste of Enfanmil sold in HK is very close to those sold in the US? We actually started with Enfanmil for the first few days when my little one was born in New Jersey, but then switched to Similac after I went back to work. As I moved to HK a few months ago, we ran out of all the Similac we brought from US and started to buy the ones produced in local - then we found that the taste is different - here I learned from the company that they add some lactose and vanila flavor to the formula for older babies (thank God, it is not sugar as they claimed). If the Enfanmil is pretty much the same, I might have her switch to Enfanmil then. In addition, I once even found that they sell Enfanmil which is exactly the same as those in the US in City Super in Time Squre - but they are out of stock these days. I would really appreciate your thoughts and confirmation!

Esseniti is offline Registered User

Hi Jem,

You can try to go to Citysuper this super market at Tsim Sha Tsui- Harbour CIty, or Causeway Bay-Time Swuare, I saw has some formula - enfamil sale on these super market ok!

melohk is offline Registered User

Hi Zlmao,

I have Similac and Enfami left when we moved back to HK from US. I bought it as supplement as I breastfeed my baby. However, she refuses to take either one so there are some left. If u want it, pls let me know.