Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Bugaboo prams

starburst is offline Registered User

i just moved to hong kong from oz, and we brought our bugaboo frog but i just can't imagine using it here! my son is 14 months now. we did love it in oz and a bit sad that we can't use it anymore! we have ended up using a baby carrier, and lightweight stroller sometimes.

how does everyone else find it to use in HK?

SyL
    SyL is offline Registered User

Starburst,
    Yes, I totally understand you.

We've been looking at the Bugaboo and read many reviews here and other websites, but we still wanted our Bugaboo for its design and features. We even chose a location with almost no steps and wider walkways with this in mind! We didn't want to purchase more than 1 stroller at any time and didn't want the usual GRACO look-alikes. Of course, I can't use it at the nearby Park'N Shop or go into many shops, but I'll use a baby carrier for that. The only times I've seen strollers at the MTR stations is when there are 2 adults together.

Apparently, there are many bugaboo prams in the area, but I haven't seen one!

starburst is offline Registered User

I have seen bugaboos at Pacific Place, and at Great Eats...I guess if you've got a car, and you are going to a shopping mall it is fine. And maybe if you are doing some walks near the Peak, or one of the islands it could be good.

When my son was a tiny baby we actually used to just bring the bassinet part of the bugaboo to restaurants in HK, as you can flatten so it's much easier to transport. Then just put the bassinet on top of two chairs against the wall.

I bought a Maclaren pram for HK, which is great, as it is just manageable with a taxi (usually I put it in the front seat). But still prefer my carrier, if its less than an hour that i have to carry him! There's always somewhere which gives you so much grief (like if one of the escalators was down, or there are gone with the wind stairs in front of a building!).

Anyway, i definitely highly recommend the bugaboo if you are in a place like oz. LOVED it so much! So much easier to manouvere around (best suspension and grip), the forward/backward facing options was fantastic and it looks so stylish! Many of my friends who bought the three wheelers or other prams ended up buying a second pram anyway (so probably spent the same amount than I did anyway!).

MCM
    MCM is offline Registered User

Interested in buying a Bugaboo Cameleon?

Dear SyL,

We have a complete and almost new Bugaboo Cameleon in red and black which we brought to Hong Kong from Switzerland. We are now looking for someone who is interested in buying it? Any interest?

kind rgds,
    MCM

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User

Have sent pm.

Bizeemama is offline Registered User

Hello MCM,
    I have sent you a pm as well!
    Thanks

So excited- we have just ordered our bugaboo and am excitedly waiting for it to arrive!
    Just a quick question to anyone who has a bugaboo- we are going to have to fly when our baby is about a month old (family reasons) and I wondered if we can take the bugaboo to the gate?
    I'm guessing no, because of it's size, so we have ordered the chameleon travel bag as well- which I assume we can check in? Anyone used one before? Anyone got their bugaboo there in one piece?

Just one want to say how wonderful babytrade.co.uk are! We ordered our bugaboo chameleon a week ago today, and have just had card from post office to say that it is here and ready to pick up! Only took a week!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567