Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Malay speaking Mother and baby group

Gabesmom is offline Registered User

Hi Weekean,
    You are indeed very patriotic...haha I was just reading the posts in your forum on the Merdeka Day celebration. Bagus sekali!

I am from Penang...another place you and the Malaysian moms can try is Little Penang House. They serve quite good Char Koey Teow and Penang Hokkien mee. Other foods like dry noodles and nasi lemak can skip. They are in Hung Hom. The lady boss is a fat woman from Penang....not a very humble lady, so don't be put off by her. Sometimes she makes Assam Laksa but that one also can skip...I am very fussy with food...of course, being a Penangite. Address is G/F, 20A Sung Kit Street, Hung Hom. Number is 23624249.

Speak soon!

Wee Kean is offline Registered User

Thanks Gabesmom for the info. I think Har-loi once told me about this place before, am I right Har-loi? I will definitely check this place out. Is it suitable to bring toddler (smoking? space? etc) ? Thanks.

Penang Hokkien mee... prawn mee?

Anyone of you have good and spicy Sambal belachan recipie? I intend to buy some Chili Boh/giling from MY and hoping to cook nicer sambal belachan with it. Can you share your experience?

Good HK food

Hi girls,

I know we all miss our Malaysian food but, let's be positive here. Since most of us will be "stuck" here for many years or may be forever, please can you share with me/us, what HK food/HK Chinese restaurants that you like and where and why?

Let me start first: I like the dim sum served in Teoh Chew Restaurant at Lippo Centre but everytime I have to ask for extra chili sauce/oil. It is non smoking, children friendly, quite spacious and service is good too. The bad news is, yesterday was their last day in operation as the lease has finished. Now I have find a new dim sum restaurant :(

SF Gal is offline Registered User

Thank you for the congrats wishes. The twins are doing well. Sorry I missed out on the last few gatherings. Hope to catch up with you guys again soon.

Jessica_ab is offline Registered User

Interested for "Makan-makan" together

HI All,
    I was so excited when i found this page yesterday...especially for this pages. Malay speaking playgroup..wow this is really wanted website for me. Well..i had a baby girl that now was 11 month old. Yoo ha :tmi Hope to cacth up you guys soon...

Renewal of Malaysian Passport in HK

Hi pals,

First of all, welcome to Jessica!

I have just came back from KL, had a great time with family but not very pleasant experience with Maybank!!!! Paid money to get ill treatment and wasted at least 2 hours to get simple thing done!!!! What kind of banking service is this????

Also, our friend who was visiting KL was charged RM 40 by taxi driver (no meter) to go to Bangsar from Mega Mall and RM 50 to go to KLCC!! He said he will never visit MY anymore.

Is Malaysia really BOLEH???? Bad service in banking industry/traffic jam/LRT never go to places that people go/bad taxi service/no one dare carrying handbag or walk in the street because of the snatch thief....... hai.. (sigh...)

I need some advice:

Where can I renew my Malaysian Passport in HK? I tried to google but found nothing useful. Can anyone give me some related websites and share with me your experience? Do I have to go there at 7am and wait for 2 hours like what I used to do in KL?

Thanks!

Last edited by Wee Kean; 11-14-2006 at 02:23 PM.

kara23 is offline Registered User

Hi Wee Kean
    welcome back to HK!
    You can renew Malaysian passport at the Malaysian Consulate (Malaysia Building). I did that a few years ago. DOn't worry, i don't think you need to wait long.
    hey, when are we going to have our makan session again?
    Hi to Jessica!

Farewell dinner for Har-loi

Dear all,

I am organising a farewell dinner for Har-loi who is leaving HK for good to Singapore on 2nd of Dec. Selamat jalan Har-loi!

Venue: the usual place, Sabah restaurant, Wan Chai
    Date: 22nd of Nov Wednesday
    Time: 8pm
    Remarks: this gathering is exclusively for mothers, no babies and husband...sorry...

Please confirm on or before 20th of Nov Monday so that I can book a table.

Also, you are welcome to come to my place for a makan playdate.

Date: 29th of Nov Wednesday
    Time: 12.30pm onwards
    Remarks: This gathering is for mothers and babies/toddlers :)

I will prepare kari ayam, sambal udang, kangkung belachan and nasi. Anyone is willing to sponsor dessert? Kara23..hmm... :)

I will also prepare lunch for kids like rice, soup and vegetable so do let me know if your child is going to eat at my place or not.

Please email me if you are interested in joining on or before 28th of Nov so that I can prepare enough food for everyone.

Selamat Malam!

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast