Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

How do you organize a warehouse sale ?

Sylvieng is offline Registered User

Smile How do you organize a warehouse sale ?

Hi Everybody

I was thinking of helping my sister by organizing a warehouse sale for her. It's my little way to thanks her for having been so helpful to me since Maylie's birth and even before. :lovedface

But it is the first time I will do something like that and I'm not sure of how it is done.

She has a little trading company specializing in baby's clothes, and her warehouse is just full of samples she doesn't need anymore... But she is so buzy because it is a small company and she always have so much work !

Do you have any ideas of how we do this kind of things ? I know that at first, she will need to separate what she still need from what she doesn't need anymore. She said that she should be able to do it for the end of the month... and then what ?

Thanks in advance for your feedback,

Valencia is offline Registered User

Many street vendors and small shops and export clothing shops are buying samples from trading companies who want to save trouble, so you may consider selling them once and for all at a very low price. However, you may like to advertise your own sale by distributing leaflets in the street and welcoming customers for several days.

rani is offline Administrator

There's so many hotel bazaars coming up maybe you can get a table and sell the samples there.

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

Sylvieng is offline Registered User

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions.

Valencia : yes, selling to street vendors and so was the way my sister usely dispose of her stock. It's quick and easy, but she doesn't get much money with that at all. That's why I was thinking of helping her with a warehouse sale that would make a little bit more money, because I know that she uses this to organize her end of year dinner and buys gifts to her staff. So the more money she has, no more beautiful the gifts are and the staff is happy and will stay longer with her to help her. As her company is a small one, she cannot compete with the salaries that big companies are giving, so she makes up with a more human and friendly management...

So, I will have to think about leaflets...

Rani : How can I find where there is any hotel bazaar ? I guess the feasability will depend of the quantity of things to sell, because I'm still breastfeeding Maylie. So I cannot carry so many things with me in my arms ;-)

Concerning the warehouse sale, It would only be possible on working days and during office hours, do you think it will be a problem ? And it will be in Lai Chi Kok...
    What time is best for these kind of event ?

Maybe I should precify that I'm in HK since March only and have never been able to attend to something like that (too buzy being pregnant and giving birth to Maylie ;-) )

Valencia is offline Registered User

Best time: lunch time and Saturday afternoon. If they are designer brands, you may advertise them on your leaflets.

Last edited by Valencia; 10-07-2005 at 12:29 PM.

hunhun is offline Registered User

There are sometimes some ads on Dollarsaver adverising hotel sales, international schools' bazaar, club bazaars etc....this is their website:- http://www.dollarsaver.com.hk/
    :cheerlead

CAILLOU

CASPER