Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Studio Pictures for baby

Avi
    Avi is offline Registered User

Studio Pictures for baby

My daughter is almost one year old and I although I've taken heaps of pics already, I'd love to get some taken professionally at a studio. Does anyone know where I can get some pics taken without paying a fortune for them?

rani is offline Administrator

Avi,

We've got a list of photographers in our directory, and most of them have online portfolios. Regarding costs, on average they charge $2000 sitting fee and then for prints. There are a couple that will give you the negatives so you can make your own copies.

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

rani is offline Administrator

have a read through this thread too

http://www.geobaby.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116973

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

carang is offline Registered User

you might be cheaper to head somewhere for a holiday(like canada or the states) and then get some photos there.

i took my boy to walmart when i was in canada for the summer. i got a package that was only $42HKD!!! it included about 35 photos(all in one pose though). if you wanted other poses, they were about $60HKD per sheet. it's still WAY cheaper than here.

if the sitting fees are already $2000, that's 1/2 an economy class ticket to Vancouver!

Valencia is offline Registered User

I think you can find studios that aren't that pricey. There are old fashioned studios located in many residential districts, often on the 2nd floor of very old buildings without lifts. They don't advertise packages or do any advertising at all, but they do family photos. When you walk along in Central and Sheung Wan or in Kowloon you may see if you find one. You will see boxes with photos at the entrance of those buildings. They cost only several hundreds.

For outdoor shooting, there are many semi-professionals taking salon pictures for young ladies in Hong Kong Park and Kowloon Park on weekends. If you go there you can find them easily. Their prices start from $250 per roll of 36 films. You may find their ads in EasyFinder (sorry it's in Chinese). But you have to ask if they like to take pictures for babies.

amychukityi is offline Registered User

you may try a studio named "My Album" in Happy Valley. We've bought 3 packages for my daughter and the photos are great. The photographer - Edwin is very professional in taking photos for the babies & kids.

Moreover, the price is reasonsable. They don't have any sitting fee. The package fee is around ~$1500 which includes around 20 x 4R photos, 1 x 12R photo, 1 x 5R photos, 4 x 2R photos. The soft copy of all chosen photos will be given to clients (this studio use digital camera instead of negative).

For some of their works, you may visit their website at http://myalbum.tcocp.com/

cheers / Amy