Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Puzzle foam play mats...where to buy??

mambo is offline Registered User

Puzzle foam play mats...where to buy??

I've been looking all over for those playmats that come in foam squares for the floor in alphabets. I've looked everywhere and cannot seem to find them. I've been to 3 toys r us stores, Wise-Kid, Eugene club, and toys club. Finally, in one of the toys r us stores a sales person told me that they took them off the shelf?? Does anyone know why? The sales person wasn't able to say why.

rani is offline Administrator

We bought ours from the Japan Home Center Store. Try to get the ones without the small bits. D used to pop the small bits out and chew on them. Thank goodness he never swallowed any.

Rani

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

marlie is offline Registered User

Actually I would say don't get anything with bits that come off (even alpabets) because when it comes to cleaning it takes forever to put them back together. It is easier to disassemble and put back the plain ones

nycschatzi is offline Registered User

We also bought ours at Japan Home Center. They are very expensive at Bumps to Babes and Wise Kids. Frankly, I like the colorful cheap area rug from Ikea much better. Doesn't slide all over and Petra doesn't rip it up. We can also send it to the laundry in a few months to clean it up. It feels better to sit on and looks nicer in the living room, too. All the foam ones with the removeable alphabet pieces have small bits that come out. Good luck shopping.

shalom is offline Registered User

i have the one in alphabets and they are so difficult to clean. they do have big and unlettered ones in times square 9th floor. they costs 99 dollars for 4 big pieces. one big piece is probably equivalent to 4 small pieces of alphabet ones.

HKfornow is offline Registered User

I got mine in Japan Home as well with the small bits, so what we did is we taped them from the back so it doesn't come out as easily. . . it helps a little, but now my son gleefully poke them out.

a_chan is offline Registered User

I've heard similar comments on the "alphabet" mats, that's why I got a rug from Jusco. It's very colourful w/ pics on transport.

gini is offline Registered User

is it safe?

About half a year ago, a Chinese Newspaper mentioned that the colorful play mats were toxic (I can't recall if it's because of the material or the smell) and could lead to some serious health problems. I let my baby play on yoga mats but I'm not sure if it's toxic or not either. But at least it doesn't smell so plasticy. Yikes!