Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

View Poll Results: After 1 year post delivery, have you reverted back to pre-pregnancy weight?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - and was breastfeeding

51 51.00%
  • Yes - and was not breastfeeding

14 14.00%
  • No - and was breast feeding

26 26.00%
  • No - and was not breast feeding

9 9.00%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Post Partum Weight Loss - What are your experiences?

mintycat is offline Registered User

With my first, I gained 23 lbs, I lost them all by about 3 months, although my belly was flabby and still big. I BF for 9 months and ate pretty much what I wanted (not always healthy) because I was hungry all the time. However, when I stopped BF, I gained back about 5 lbs because I still ate the same amount but I didn't have BF to burn off the calories and I am not a gym person.

This time I will try my best to hit the gym to lose the weight and only exercise can help me tone my belly.

capital is offline Banned

I lost all the weight by 6 weeks both pregnancies, but then I gained some back as I was at home and snacked all day long. When I went back to work at one year I didn't snack so much and lost the weight. This time, second baby I lost more weight than before I was pregnant, been at work for 2 months now and I am losing weight, to the point where I really cannot lose anymore or It will be very unhealthy. I attribute it to my very very busy life right now, plus still BF, so I need those colories.

sky123 is offline Registered User

I lost all my preganancy weight after about 2-3 months after birth. I was breastfeeding and then back to work (and pumping) and then had a bout of food poisoning. Now I weigh a bit less than before I was pregnant. Don't know if it will come back on after I stop pumping though!

merichan is offline Registered User

I took about 18kg ( 36lbs?? ) while pregnant... lost half of it by the time I got out of the maternity.

For the 9kgs left... they stayed right where they were as long as I was breastfeeding... ( 5 monthes ) and I lost all of them almost without changing anything to my diet when I stopped to breastfeed... by 11 monthes after the birth I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight.

Merichan

agemish is offline Registered User

make an effort - its worth it

My first son I lost the weight within 4 mths but the second one was abit more difficult. In the end I made the decision to join a slimming program which hasn't been cheap over 3 months. Have lost 8 kgs over 3 mths and now I'm back to my old clothes. On top of that, I join aerobic classes 3 times a week and am on a low carb diet.

The biggest challenge is the bulge. The skin has less elasticity and needs firming. That's where the slimming centre helped - using machine, a wrap and tummy massage.

Am happy with the results as I don't plan to have anymore babies and money worth spent since it will only be the one time I'm going to pay to firm up. Now I just maintain with a proper diet and gym workout.

My view is that its important to take care since you will feel good, less tired and look good (for your husband at least) especially as a mother of two. Don't get complacent or make excuses. The effort is worth it!

Lolipop is offline Registered User

I was so stressed out with my first that I lost the weight within a few weeks - (was BF for about 3 months - just under) very unhealthy and probably added to my stress (not enough energy). I am 5 months pregnant with number 2 and I have heard it is harder with second ... bit worried about that as I seem to be putting on a LOT this time round ...*sigh*. We dont have a helper though and I dont intend on getting one, which means lots more running around for mummy, which will hopefully help (although we will get a cleaner LoL .. when in Rome ...) xx

I say dont worry, as long as you are doing the recomended amount of excercise ... it sounds as though you are fit and healthy, so you must be beautiful! Fuller figures are how we are supposed to be - womanly! I bet your husband loves your new figure!

josoo is offline Registered User

Post Partum Weight Loss - What are your experiences?

I hated my pregnancy weight for my first and am now skinnier than before. I breast-fed for three months and that definitely helped. I'm more active now because there always seem to be errands to run and with work as well my schedule is crazy. I'm plain lazy though and hate exercise. I wasn't really in a mood to eat after my first pregnancy, the lack of sleep really did it for me as well. I have heard that massages really help, as most of the weight is from water/toxins, so you have to release all that out of your body to deflate and get your blood circulating again.

geomum is offline Registered User

I had gained 18 Kgs during my pregnancy and lost it all within 3 months. I have been breasfeeding my 7 month old. I eat pretty much whatever I like, mostly healthy but some snacks too, I also have a sweet tooth ;)
    But I would like to say that I used to wear Medium size before and now wear Xlarge. Maybe its because my boobs are bigger and my stomach is not as flat as before :( Any tips on losing tummy flab, I don't have time for exercise, can walk but not do abs.

Last edited by geomum; 10-12-2008 at 07:19 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast