Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Victoria Kindergartens???

HKfornow is offline Registered User

Avi, I'm surprised that your daughter gets to start that early in pre-nursery, since I was told they don't start accepting kids until they are two?

From what I've seen, the ratio in the 1st term is usually good, there were 14 kids to 2 teachers + 1 teacher's aide to start with (though during the 1st week or so the ratio was almost 2 to 1 as teachers from other classes will help out during this adjustment period). The classes do get bigger as the months go by, but at least your baby would have already settled down by then. The teachers are pretty patient, because we are now in the 2nd term and as new students come in, the teachers make an effort to also make new kids feel secure, even if it means giving them some extra tlc ie carrying them, holding on lap to feel secure etc.

So far, most of the kids seem to settle down after a week or so, some take longer. There are some kids who have a momentary relapse 2 or 3 months into the term where they will cry when you leave them, most especially after long breaks or sickness, that's expected, but after that they settle back into the routine.

I hope this helps and reassures you a little bit.

Avi
    Avi is offline Registered User

Hi HKfornow. Thanks for your input. Most Victoria's only accept at 2 yrs except the one at HH, They start at 18 months. Are you currently attending the HH campus? I hope the teachers will be nice and patient at that school. How is your child enjoying "school"? Have you noticed positive differences by sending them at this early age? Thx.

HKfornow is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Avi
    Hi HKfornow. Thanks for your input. Most Victoria's only accept at 2 yrs except the one at HH, They start at 18 months. Are you currently attending the HH campus? I hope the teachers will be nice and patient at that school. How is your child enjoying "school"? Have you noticed positive differences by sending them at this early age? Thx.
    Avi, my son is in the South Horizon campus. He enjoys his school & classmates, and I have honestly seen a positive difference in him.

I believe being with other kids is helping his development & encouraging him to try new things vs boring old mom trying to get him to do stuff. So overall, school has been good for us.

Avi
    Avi is offline Registered User

Thanks again for t ur info. As for the age thing, I got some mixed information also when I had called them. But on their forms it says that the HH prenursery starts at 18 months. I guess I'll try it out for a while and see how she does. If she doesn't like it I can always reduce the no of days she is attendiing. Crossing my fingers and hoping she likes it!!!

Noel108 is offline Registered User

Avi,
    My girl also like your kid, started PN last Aug in HH and attend 5 days class at the beg, may be my girl's character, she can very soon settle down for the class, no crying at all since she started shcool. 1 st term the class was about 14 kids and now 2nd term already increased to 20 kids now. But in HH, 2 teachers and 1 assistant,they are capable in handling 20 kids. And my girl really enjoys school. And those staff and teachers in HH are also very good and kind. They are very willing to help u if u have any problems.
    so Dont Worry for attending 5 days class,it can let your kid more quickly get used to go to school.

soccermum is offline Registered User

Bilingual at Victoria

How does it work at Victoria, do the children have any prior knowledge of mandarin/cantonese? Do they have someone at home who speaks these languages?
    We are moving from Australia to HK and I am thinking of trying to get my 4yr old a place at Victoria Belchers. I think that she will pick up languages quite quickly as she has a very good ear but none of us at home speak any Mandarin,will this be a problem for her?
    Thanks for your help

Roshna is offline Registered User

hi, Avi,

I have a five month old daughter and am curious to know about the playgroups you started taking your daughter to when she was 5 mos. old. Hope you can share a bit of where you used to go and all . . .

Thanks!

kiwimango_88 is offline Registered User

victoria primary

Hi,

Has anyone sent their children to primary school at victoria or the secondary school?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast