Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Hiring a helper through direct employment

jessieywl is offline Registered User

direct hire

We hired our helper directly from the philippines without going thr an agency. what we did was to get the forms from the HK Immigration Department, filled them out, sent them to the helper and got her filled out her parts, had her sent them back to HK, then submitted the completed forms together with all supporting document listed. after the visa was issued, we had to take it to the philippines consulate to get the employment contract verified. they then issued us a certficate which we then sent to our helper and she had to present it to the immigration in the philippines when she left the country.

the air ticket we got for our helper was an award ticket with AsiaMiles. they let you redeem tickets for people outside your family, which is awesome.

rani is offline Administrator

Jessie,

You are so lucky!

Rani

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

Rani, I didn't know you had to go thr an 'appointed' agency to do that. guess i was really lucky that i didn't know. but you know the way they do things is pretty random.

mamaS is offline Registered User

Hi Hunhun,

Please let me know how it goes with your agency, the fee is cheap compared to the ones i've inquired.

Do you deduct this fee from the helper when she gets here? i understand they don't pay anything from their end if we direct hire them.

Hi Jessie,

How long did it take you to do the whole processing procedure? how many weeks before the helper arrived hk?

Hi mamaS,

It took aroud 6 weeks for the Immigration to issue the visa (we submitted everything they needed so no delay in the visa application). Then my helper had to go to a seminar and a body check up, that took another 2 weeks. So it took 8 weeks in total for her to come out here.

hunhun is offline Registered User

I paid a lot less than the agent's quotation in the end as I didn't need her to do much. I did more or less the same thing as what Jessieywl did, and my helpers arrived within 6-7 weeks.

If you potential helper has never worked in HK before, the HK immigration department, after reviewing your application, will return the green contracts back to you and ask you to get them "verified" by the Phillipines consulate, who in turn will ask you to get them stamped by their "approved" agent first. And of course, you'll need to pay some money for the agent's stamp!

Note that your helper will need to pay some fees for the seminar, body check and stuff in the Philippines, and this may be quite hefty for her but it's entirely up to you whether you are prepared to reimburse her or not. (But read the green contract, there are basic items in which you HAVE TO REIMBURSE her regardless.)

You can always call up the Phillippines consulate to ask for more details regarding agents etc. The staff there are really helpful.

Hope this helps. Good Luck!

Last edited by hunhun; 05-17-2006 at 04:48 PM.

Hello,

Thanks for your replies. Oh, i didn't know that it can take 8 weeks, have to start searching in advance.

Hi Hunhun and Jessie,

I've found a helper that i will direct hire. I have the green contracts from the Hk immigration and will let the helper sign it in.

Can you help me answer a few questions?

1. Should i go first to HK immigration to submit that green contract, and wait for the approval?

2. Then, once approved, i'll bring the documents to Phil. consulate and have it approved too. And have it stamped by their accredited agency? where is that agency? they have a list that i can pick and how much do i pay for that?

3. Then, i'll send the documents to the helper in the Phils, where will she go for seminar, medical in the Phils? From that accredited agency?

4. How much total did it cost you aside from the airfare?

Thanks for your help, i may go to the Phil. embassy tomorrow to ask too. It sounds easy and i have the time to do the leg work so i won't go thru an agency anymore.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast