Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Indigestion / Heartburn agony!!!

noella is offline Registered User

Indigestion / Heartburn agony!!!

Hi,

31st week of 3rd pregnancy but first time for heartburn. It hurts like hell and I cannot get rid of it. I have some chalky minty stuff from the doctor which does not seem to help anymore, can anyone suggest something else please?? Thanks

Last edited by noella; 01-07-2006 at 05:41 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

jools is offline Registered User

Hi,
    I had terrible heartburn with my first two pregnancies and assume I will with this one. I tried to eat little and often rather than large meals which seemed to aggravate the situation and definitely nothing too spicy. My doctor in the UK recommended Gaviscon, but I don't know whether you can get it here. My friend also used bicarbonate of soda (used in cooking), never tried it myself, but she swore by it.

It doesn't last forever, though right now that's proabably no help. Good luck

Jools

Thanks Jools. Ended up drinking about 3 gallons of milk last night and seemed to work, kind of puts me of eating though anticipating the next attack!!!

Marta is offline Registered User

I had heartburn through both my pregnancies (well, 2nd is still on for 10 days). With the 2nd it even started earlier. Worst thing for me is to lay down, all the fluids are coming up....YAK!!!!
    What really helped me were almonds (with skin on). A handful was already enough.
    Good luck

aprilbaby is offline Registered User

hi noelle

I'm 26 weeks and also suffering badly with heartburn, the quickest relief I find is gaviscon which i got from my doctor and is also available in watsons, mannings etc....Also a good tip from my mum is using 3 pillows at night time, this seems to stop the acid from travelling up into the throat.

Good Luck!

Thanks all, didnt know you could get Gaviscon here am off to get some now!!!