Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Baby Bits

Kylie is offline Registered User

Baby Bits

I am wondering If there is much in Hong Kong in the way of baby gear and furniture. Is it advisable to get my pram and things before we move over?
    Thanks

aprilbaby is offline Registered User

hi kylie

Bumps to Babes in Horizon plaza (ap lei chau) has a great range of furniture and pushchairs etc.....you can order mamas and papas baby gear which gets send over (UK company). This works out the same price GBP. Have a look on www.mamasandpapas.co.uk, they have some fabulous gear. I made the mistake of taking back loads of stuff including a pushchair from the UK after xmas.

Good luck in your search.

rani is offline Administrator

Kylie,

It will probably be cheaper to bring things over with you, but bear in mind HK flats are smaller and some furniture may not fit . Also when selecting a pushchair, look for something thats lightweight (less than 5kgs), and you can easily manage on yr own. Folds easily with one hand very important too!

Last edited by rani; 01-12-2006 at 03:03 PM.
    Founded GeoBaby in 2002

Nuckle75 is offline Registered User

Hi Kylie, I'm a Kiwi and we compared the prices between HK and NZ and didn't really notice a huge difference. There are loads of places for you to buy everything you need here. I agree with Rani on the stroller - definitely go lightweight. I got a Valco and it's impossible to load that on buses or negotiate a skinny supermarket aisle!

mandz is offline Registered User

Stroller

I have a 6mth old here in HK and my only advice is when purchasing a pram get one that is really easy to put up/down with one hand, there are heaps of steps in HK and if you are planning on using public transport alot a stiff complicated pram will drive you crazy. (speaking from experience) Good luck for the birth