Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Dr. Joe Chan + ultrasound scan frequency

sunnysideup is offline Registered User

Dr. Joe Chan + ultrasound scan frequency

Does anyone know Dr. Joe Chan in Central? Is he good in general, and in specific, at carrying out C-section? How about his prenatal charges and delivery charges?

How frequent will I need to see my OB during my pregnancy? How often do I need to have ultrasound scan?

Your advice will be very much appreciated!

Sunny

chichi is offline Registered User

Hi, I know him because he is my ob. I am currently 28 weeks' pregnant and I am expecting my girl in April. Dr. Chan is very good, caring and professional. He always listen to me and answer my questions precisely. His ultrasound technique is also excellent. I would certainly use him to deliver my girl.
    From his patients' description, I believe that he is very good at c-section. They said that the pain was minimal and the scar is well below the hairline. They all seem very satisfy with Dr Chan and his care.
    For my self, he charges me about $800 each time, including ultrasound scan and I am seeing him about once every 3-4 weeks. Good luck and take care, I am sure that he won't disappoint you. His no. is 25233328.

Thanks Chichi! Congratulations on expecting a baby girl. I love girls coz we are sweeter :) Btw, do you know how much Dr. Chan charges for C-section delivery?

Sunny

Hi, sunnysideup, I am sorry to reply you late as I was away last week. Although my husband wants to have a boy, I do feel relief after knowing that my baby is a girl. Do you know whether your baby is a boy or girl?
    I share with you entirely that charges is really a matter!! Therefore, I did ask Dr Chan earlier regarding his charges for delivery. His normal charges for delivery is about 20-30K, depending on the mode of delivery and the complexity of the case. According to him, he won't charge me higher price if I choose a private room, for his care to be provided would be the same and his best. I think this is reasonable and I will certainly use him to deliver my girl. Cheers.

hi chichi, Thanks for the info. I have been to see dr. Chan and he is nice. I don't know yet the sex of my baby but would like to find out soon. I know I will be happy with either :) Btw, he told me he charges 20-25K (only doctor's fee ie. exc. paediatrician etc) for delivery with C-Section being at the top rate of 25K. Sounds like he is quoting you differently? Unless 30K involve paediatrician or maybe is for emergency C-Section?

Btw, what is it like at 28 weeks? My husband and I are planning a trip at the time of 28-30 weeks. He thinks I will definitely need to fly business class. What do u think? I am oriental with average build pre-pregnancy. Do you think I will be able to fly long haul at 28 weeks? How mobile are you? My husband is pretty much expecting that I will just be a "lump" and not very mobile at all, haha.

Would appreciate your story. You can reply here or feel free to write to me at [email protected]

Sunny

Sara is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnysideup
    My husband and I are planning a trip at the time of 28-30 weeks. He thinks I will definitely need to fly business class. What do u think?

Sunny
    Tell him he's very right, and you will DEFINITELY have to fly Business Class. You lucky girl....

Sara.

Hi, sunny, thanks for your information. I am glad to hear that you find him nice and satisfactory. I didn't ask him in great details about the charges and I shall ask him again next time.

I am still very mobile and able to do plenty of my daily work. I do occasionally feels tired and sleepy. I eat quite a lot but still feels hungry. That's why I gained about 15 pounds so far. Dr Chan said this is normal and I should reduce my weight only after delivery and he ask me to eat more protein instead of sugar.

Your husband is so nice. I agree with Sara that you have to fly business class. This is definitely worthwhile as you travel with your BABY!!!

Haha, Chichi, that's a great way to look at it - I will be travelling for 2 so a bigger seat is definitely necessary. Yes, it's nice of him to offer. Wait till I tell him what you ladies said about how nice he is, he'd be pretty happy knowing his caring for me is praised by us ladies. Very good motivation for the first time dad to continue this caring trend. Currently I am not showing a bump so it all seem very unreal to him and he just cannot feel involved. This would certainly help!

Chichi, i think you are in your target weight gain range. I expect to put on 10-14kg in total for this pregnancy. And hopefully through breastfeeding I can lose weight quicker.

The average weight gain consisted of:

Baby 3-4kg
    Placenta 0.5kg
    Amniotic fluid 1kg
    Uterus 1kg
    Blood volume 1.5kg
    Breast 0.5kg
    Fat stores for breastfeeding 3.5kg
    Fluid retention 1.5kg

So you will lose a chunk straight after birth :)

Sunny

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast