Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Oct Expectant Buddies

lathakarthik is offline Registered User

Hi mamas,
    I dont have frequent morning sickness, but once in a while i do have. How about you? By the way which doctor you are consulting?
    Hi rani,
    My due date is on oct 26, 2006.

snoopy is offline Registered User

hello

hi ladies,

i'm a local and live in kowloon tong. this is my 1st pregancy. i'm now 7-1/2 wks and my due date is 10/30... may be a halloween baby...:formulafe anyway, love to chat with you ladies. i do work so can't join you for tea on weekdays.

i don't feel too tired except sore nipples, a lot of gas, bloating and sick to my stomach once in a while. i consider myself lucky as i don't have any morning sickness or nuisance.

talk to you more later!

mamaS is offline Registered User

Hi Snoopy,

Welcome! Isn't it we're so lucky not to have morning sickness? the sypmtoms that i feel most is just tiredness and sore breast sometimes. Do you have a confinement nanny here in Hk? I came from Sg and they have it, you can get for one month to cook chinese food and take care of the baby. I think you don't have it here as most of the in-laws take care of their daughter-in-law.

Hi lathakarthik,

How many weeks are you now? I'm seeing Dr. Woo in Central. And you? have you found one? i read your thread that you are looking for one last time.

Last edited by mamaS; 03-16-2006 at 08:43 AM.

snoopy is offline Registered User

Mamas - I totally agreed that we are very lucky of not having morning sickness… About confinement nanny, it’s starting to get very popular these 2 years. Actually my sister just had a baby and she recommended her confinement nanny to me. These nannies are so hot right now (esp the good ones) so you have to book them as early as possible. I have already confirmed her around end oct. I think they are good in a sense that they know what to cook for you after you gave birth and to teach your other regular nanny (those that do housework) on how to really take good care of the baby. Sort of a good training.

Watermelon – I’m also working so I know how tough it can be. My job requires me to travel quite often and a few times a year on long hauls too (as my customer’s headquarter is located in NYC) so I guess we just have to take it easy most of the time and try not to get too tired (though I know it’s not easy). It’s good that mine is 5 days work so at least I have 2 days rest. Does you job require you to travel too?

xox
    xox is offline Registered User

Hi Rani,
    Thanks for gathering all the info. We seem to have a pretty big group on this thread already! The more the merrier!
    I'm definitely suffering from morning sickness. I find it helps to eat small amounts more often. Green apples have helped me a lot.
    I'm working as a teacher, so can meet up with you guys after about 4pm any afternoon.

Hi Snoopy,

I've sent you a PM.

Hi XOX,

Good to "see" you again here. we'll meet up after all the sickness and tiredness that we have. How many weeks are you now? Oh, i just checked Rani's info, we are almost the same week.

Last edited by mamaS; 03-16-2006 at 04:40 PM.

daisy is offline Registered User

hello there,

in due around oct 1-4
    i have teeth problem now, my dentist says he can pull out by 4th month, but he cant take xray so he dont know how long the root was. and since it was the wisdom tooth, it is a major operation. i have to ask my doc about that on the 22. i dont want to risk losing my baby so i think i just have to suffer till baby is born.

Hi Daisy,

I have gingivitis problem as early as 6 weeks, and now there's another swollen gum somewhere that i need to go back to the dentist. (but i'm avoiding it and gargles with salt cure only, so far getting better)

I asked him about dental procedure last time, and he said it IS OKAY to do it, even xray and anaesthesia, though they avoid it if necessary. He said he has done numerous root canal with preggies even with his preggy wife and it is okay if it really hurts badly. Very safe.

I was scared too to have my gums cleaned few weeks back, but i rather have it treated early and not bear the pain.

If i go back again, i'll ask about extraction. He also said that most preggy women suffer tooth problem esp on the 2nd trimester.

Take care.

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast