Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Enfamil Lipil has been recalled in US and Korea

fly
    fly is offline Registered User

Enfamil Lipil has been recalled in US and Korea

In case you may not be aware, there was a recall on Enfamil's Lipil milk formula late last month. You can google for details, or refer to here:

http://communitydispatch.com/artman/...cle_3965.shtml

Obviously, Mead-Johnson in HK claimed there are no similar issues in HK, but its better to be aware.

MickeyMom is offline Registered User

Enfamil Lipil in the US and Korea share the same manufacturing process and formula i was told.

Enfamil and other Enfa products in HK are the same as with rest of Asia. If you try them, you will actually see a noticeable difference with colour and taste. HK/Asia version is much sweeter. My son refused enfamil from the US when we were there for a holiday last year. he was looking for the "sweet milk" from asia

Roshna is offline Registered User

Hi, MickeyMom,

I don't think HK Enfa products are same as the rest of Asia.

Am not sure about Enfamil Lipil but the Enfamil A+ we get here in HK is manufactured in Holland, the Enfamil A+ equivalent in the Philippines is Enfalac A+ and is made locally there. And there was a big difference in color and consistency of these two.

Luckily, when we were on holiday there, my baby took to the local Enfalac just as well as she did with Enfamil here.

tarakoo is offline Registered User

i am korean living in hong kong. yes. enfamil formula was a recall in korea. it was a quite big news to mothers there. no one is buying enfamil, and no one is selling enfamil anymore in korea.
    FYI, korean enfamil manufacturer still insist that the particles in formula doesn't affect on baby's health. but....government said..recall!!
    well..don't know who is right....

Last edited by tarakoo; 03-09-2006 at 10:51 PM.

AmRa6 is offline Registered User

There should have been a Enfagrow Level 3 Recall

Wow I'm shocked to hear this! My daughter has been using the Enfagrow Level 3 for months, then in late Jan/early Feb we bought a can that didn't seem to mix properly but only after a lot more shaking then usual.

We gave it to our daughter and she fussed a little more than usual but she is alwasy fussy about drinking milk so I didn't think anything of it. Then she vomited soon after. I tried it again the next day and she vomited again. I switched to a small can we had and it mixed fine and she was fine drinking it too so I thought maybe this 1 can was bad. I bought another big can from the same store and it also didn't mix well but gave it to her anyway and she vomited again. I checked the batch number on the bottom of the can and it was the same batch number!

I contacted Mead Johnson Hong Kong because I didn't want anyone else having the same problem and thought they should recall this batch. They were very nice and said send in the 2 cans for analysis so I did. They called back a few days later and said their tests showed nothing was wrong with the milk but they would send it to Holland for further testing and they would send me 2 new cans as replacement.

I wish I still had the batch number but unfortunately I threw it away after they told me nothing was wrong. Has anyone else had a problem like this?

carolinadavy is offline Registered User

Enfamil

My son has been taking Enfamil A+ for 3 weeks now (newborn), he has a lot of phlegm, and begin to throw up more frequent. I don't know if it's the phlegm or the formula.

Buckeroo is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by AmRa6
    We gave it to our daughter and she fussed a little more than usual but she is alwasy fussy about drinking milk so I didn't think anything of it. Then she vomited soon after. I tried it again the next day and she vomited again.
    Regardless of what brand of milk you've been feeding your child, once your child vomits, --one rule of thumb --you should not give him/her milk. Persisting might induce more vomiting. There have been bouts of gastroenteritis going around lately. Our son had gastroenteritis and our pediatrician suggested that instead of his regular milk, we give him a soy-based formula (as he absolutely LOVES drinking milk) --and even then, at half-strength only. He was on Enfapro/Enfagrow at the time. After he recovered from gastroenteritis, we switched back to giving him Enfagrow and he's perfectly fine.

Do check with your doctor, though.