Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

First shoes

cristletips is offline Registered User

I went there today after reading this thread and they are fantastic. So nice and helpful. My baby's foot got measured. We tried some soft ones on and decided she really didnt need any shoes just yet. I will definately be back in a few months.

Arwen is offline Registered User

I went there too a few days ago after reading this thread but the shoes are quite expensive (HK 300 -500). The discounted ones (30-40% off) dont have my daughter's size 4.5F ;(

I have to agree that the service is excellent and they do sell lots of beautiful hair clips at a pair for HK20-HK30.. going back again soon to get different colours of the clip to doll up my babe!

Arwen

crystal is offline Registered User

One of my friend just been Europe and bought a pair of ELK baby shoes. The color is so fancy and the quality is very good. I visit their website and find the design also like Robeez or Bobux or Weestep. Anyone try this before, do you have any comment.

The website is

www.elkkids.com

loraine is offline Registered User

I don't think you can get a good fit on a website as you need to check the fit with the shoe on you child. Even at Footstop, after measuring my son's feet, some of the shoes they think should fit are unsuitable. Footstop is very expensive, but I console myself that feet are for life and poorly-fitted shoes can cause permanent damage. We tried to be clever and buy a pair of sandels one size in the winter (when we were in the UK) but of course they didn't fit properly and so then money is wasted.

Blee is offline Registered User

Shoes or No shoes??

Hi moms,

When do babies have to start wearing shoes?? I have bought some adidas baby sneakers for my baby for fun before.

But now, he can stand and wants to start walking holding on to something. I have read somewhere it is better to let the babies learn to walk bare feet. But my mom said I should buy him shoes with more protection on his ankles and she said I learned walking in nice baby boots.

Anyone has recommendations?? Thanks!!

rani is offline Administrator

The soft leather shoes make good first shoes.

Benefits:

1. Flexible and allow free movement.

2. Flat with no heel elevation.

3. Tractive, having a sole friction similar to the bare foot of a child, like soft leather.

4. Lightweight and high enough to secure the shoe to the foot.

We got our first pair when D was around 6 months. He started walking at 11 months, and once he'd gotten the hang of it we switched to start-rite shoes which have better support.

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

capital is offline Banned

We used robeez until my toddler could walk then bought a pair of stride-rites for outdoor use. The idiea of supporting the ankles and wearing boots is very oldfashioned, but that is what used to be recommended.

happybilly is offline Registered User

Hi, this may sound stupid but justing wondering how often do you buy new shoes for your baby if they need to be fitted? could they be slightly bigger to allow growth in the next few months?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12