Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Comments on baby pouches

mother30 is offline Registered User

Comments on baby pouches

I already got a baby sling from Singapore moms-in-mind but find it too troublesome to adjust it every time. Wonder if anyone has tried the baby pouch which works similar like a sling.

I am thinking of getting a pouch that is adjustable to fit my boy as he grows. He is now 4 months. Any comments. Thanks.

jools is offline Registered User

Hi,
    I have a sling and a pouch. I actually prefer the sling and never really got on with the pouch. I think it's because I had the sling first and therefore got used to that before I got the pouch. I found the pouch difficult to get comfortable especially when the baby got bigger, becuase it wasn't adjustable.

Jools

sahdrysdale is offline Registered User

I have a Baby Bjorn pouch and have used it for both my daughters. It is good because the baby can face into your chest or out at everyone else. The new model comes with an extra support for your back. It is easy to adjust and really easy to get the baby into. I have heard from friends that the Ergo pouch is good too.

mother30 is offline Registered User

Many thanks for the feedback.

Maybe I should buy a better sling, likely from Maya wrap.

barbwong_130 is offline Registered User

A friend of mine used a mayawrap pouch and was very happy with it until her daughter was about 11 months old. Then she found that her baby would swing backwards and the pouch wasn't big enough so at this age she swopped to use a maywrap sling.

LLL_Sarah is offline Registered User

Dear Mother30,

If you are looking for a Mayawarp, La Leche League in Hong Kong sells them for $400 to members and $450 to non-members. Each one comes with a DVD or video explaining how to use it.
    If you are interested please contact:
    Sarah in Mid-levels - 2548-7363
    Maggie in Happy Valley - 2817-7475
    Julia in Discovery Bay - 2259-3311
    or [email protected]

jools is offline Registered User

Hi again,
    Mine is the mayawrap sling (and pouch for that matter). The sling is fab and my daughter virtually lived in it from a tiny baby to toddler. In my own list of 5 things that you can't do without when you have a baby my mayawrap is number one.

Jools

Erin is offline Registered User

Funny, I'm having the same dilema about whether to buy a pouch or sling. My 5 month old is 21 lbs. I really want something easy. I've heard pouches are easy, but really are better for smaller babies. Also, I've read the the correct fit is really important for a pouch (unless you buy an adjustable one).

Mother 30 have you seen Mommas Milk adjustable pouch? It's received really good ratings and looks really easy to adjust. www.mammasmilk.com

I'm a little worried that a ring sling will be too finiky for me. Did it take long for all those slingers out there to figure out how to use it? Also, are there lots of you out there who tried, but gave up on a ring sling? I'd be interested in any thoughts...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast