Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Ma Wan

gela is offline Registered User

Hi again!

Two years ago, my sister in law flew from Germany to Korea around the same time you are planning to return from France (i.e. around one month before the delivery, in order to deliver in Korea). Since she had a healthy pregnancy, it was not a problem at all for her, so I am hoping you will also be fine. But I think she had some problem because Lufthansa woudn't take her (even with a doctor's letter), but the Korean airline company did. So maybe you should first check with the airline companies.

P.S. Are you French? Well, I am Korean but spent almost half of my life in France.

ninahudd is offline Registered User

France

Gela

Thanks for your advice. I've checked with British Airways and they will take me. It's just getting the letter I'm a little concerned with. I'm not French (English actually) but alot of our family live in France and we have a farmhouse there as well. Do you speak much French (mine is slow but hopefully improving). Do you know what the French medical system is like. I need to go for an antenatal check up while I am there and try to get a letter from a doctor to O.K me for flying.

Hi!
    It's been quite along time since I saw a doctor in France, and I never went to see a gynecologist in France (I wa too young). But almost all the doctors I had in France were very friendly and caring, so I'm sure you'll be fine. As to the medical system there, I also think you'll have no big surprise if you live in Hong Kong because I think Hong Kong's medical system is much westernized (considering that many things are very different in Korea compared to both France and Hong Kong).
    Also, in my opinion, you won't have any problem about getting a letter either, especially when you tell them you have to return home.
    Finally, I used to be perfectly bilingual, but I haven't spoken French in years!

Gela

Thanks for your reassurance about France. We are off in about a week and a half and looking forward to the break. It would be great to meet up when I get back (if you want to). Do you work? I start maternity leave at the end of September.
    Havea good summer :-)

Daizy is offline Registered User

Hi everyone. I also live in Park Island. It's funny about a year ago I put up a post to meet people living in PI and Hagrid replied and we've become good friends. My son is 20 months old but I am up for making new friends. So, if we can get a few people togather for coffee or cold drinks at coffee plus, that would be cool ;)

ma wan

hi Daizy

Would love to meet up for coffee or something. I'm currently on summer holidays but will be moving into our new flat in PI August 8th. I'll be about 32 weeks pregnant. I'll give you a mail about then to see if you are still interested. Seems like there may be a few others as well (Hagrid, Gela). Happy holidays

Ma Wan meet up

Hi All

I'm back from my summer holidays and busily unpacking and sorting out my new life here in Ma Wan. Any one interested in meeting up for a drink or something? Still finding my way around here so I don't know where would be good. Any sggestions of venue and date/time? I'm still working at the moment so weekends would be better.

Nina

Welcome to Park Island!
    I think Coffee Plus (between the ferry pier and Shell Piazza) would be a good place for a drink. As for the time, I am quite flexible since I don't work. See you soon.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast