Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

hello!!!!!!!!!

tan
    tan is offline Registered User

How nice to get messages, thanks for the reply xxx. Haven't told anyone yet and will not for a few more months. Spotting stopped after the day or so, and definitely saw my doctor, also have another appointment next week. We're on tenterhooks until we see something on the ultrasound (hmmmm)and I haven't had many symptoms, feel good, excpet perhaps a bit more tired.
    To Undecided - Sorry, this is just from my experience and may not be relevant at all. If you are over-thirty I think it may be better to try to have a family sooner rather than later. Am wishing I did now! You may possibly feel less stress and it would be lovely to enjoy your pregnancy as much as possible. I am very career focused, but sometimes you just have to get pregnant and see what happens. There is always something important happening at work. But the older you get, well, the more tired you're gonna be in the long run getting back to work
    Love to know what others think though and about their symptoms. Also I have to make a work trip soon and while the doctor thinks thats fine, do other people here travel for work in their first trimester?

tan

Just trying to edit my last post but ran out of time - sorry Undecided, was trying to say that as you are already trying to have a baby than perhaps pregnancy can come first as like Ashlee says, you never know how long it takes to become pregnant. Good luck with the choice, will work out whatever happens x
    Ashlee - pm you my doctor and opninion about him :)

undecided is offline Registered User

Dear Tan,

thanks for your messages!

I have a feeling that it won't take long to get pregnant, if genetics is on our side (we both come from very large families, with every case scenario - twins, pregnancies over 40...). But guess we should keep on trying and see what happens! Who knows, maybe the baby is already on the way...

I'm 30, and starting to hear the clock ticking... especially as I'd like to have two or three...

Is this your first pregnancy?

tan

Yes, this is my first pregnancy, am 34 now and we were trying for six months (it was longer time than that though as we were parted by trips etc). Will report back after the next appointment, tell us what happens with the job or other things ...! xxx

AshleeRae is offline Registered User

Its wonderful to be able to talk with other women who are pregnant about our complaints and issues. I am happy to help, Undecided, just keep us posted on your decisions and pregnancy news. You've got our support. Also Tan keep us posted on your health condition. You have to have faith in your body and you have been doing the right thing by listening to your body. I have had a few friends that have had difficult pregnancies and have been on bed rest but now they have wonderful beautiful babies.
    Do you gals know of a lot of people who have had misscarriages? I feel like almost everyone I have talked do has had one first and then went on to having very healthy babies. It seems to be pretty common these days along with c-sections. I guess that's another decision to have one day.
    I am coming upon 7 weeks now and I have feel worse. The first month I did not know but I had slept better in my life. Now I am very tired to the point of napping, I can barely get any food down. I have to force myself to eat. I am incredibly naseau everyday, from when I wake up in the morning until I go to bed. Not much has helped me but curling up in a ball. SO good times! Fun times, Haha! I am tempted to try these new preggie lollypops.
    How is everyone else feeling these days?
    I have my first appointment with Dr.Sally Ferguson this friday so lets see what she says. Should I expect my first ultrasound this trip?
    Take care ladies!
    xo Ashlee

Dears,

it's really great to be able to share! Decision time is delayed, as my husband is travelling... but I think I'll start the job first and see how that goes.

Ashlee, yes I do know many people that had miscarriages. It might be an interesting coincidence, but it seems to be proportional to the time they have given themselves off the pill... I also know a couple mums that had repetitive miscarriages when trying the second baby, while the first pregnancy was fine.

As for feeling sick, a close friend of mine lost 5 kg the first three months. She could not hold anything. Then one day, it disappeared. She's 7 months now and looks really pretty (did not gain much back, but has a really round belly).

As for me, no news here, still not pregnant, still undecided...

Good luck with your appointment!

morning sickness

I read other threads and there is loooots of people complaining about severe morning sicknes... guess it is close to impossible to avoid that!

marie313 is offline Registered User

its interesting you saying about miscarriages. A close friend of mine got pregnant and told everyone immediately, but then when she went for the scan there was nothing there. Now im obsessed with the fact that the same will happen to me.
    My pregnancy wasnt planned - ive only been with my boyfriend 5 months and only been in Hong Kong 11 months - and ive never felt further from home! (Im from england). Im so glad ive found this website so i can talk to other people who are going through the same things as me.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Scroll to top