Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Enquiry about Mother's Milk

momof5boys is offline Registered User

Thumbs up Low milk supply

I suffer very bad from low milk supply. I have with each of my children.

The first time I breastfeed I took fenugreek capsules. I never did notice an increase in milk supply, although I did notice the syrup smell.

With the next child, I spent alot of time online researching different things to increase my milk supply. I tried the mothers milk tea, but I didn't like the fact that you only got a few bags and the box would be gone within days.

I love kelly mom at http://www.kellymom.com that website is so informative on different things for low milk supply.

I also started drinking Breastea a few years ago. I have used it over the years when I have low breastmilk supply. Each tea bag makes a gallon of tea so you just make it and drink a glass when you want. http://www.breastea.com

I've also found when I strictly breastfeed and not pump that it helps my supply alot. It's just a matter of finding the time to do it.

Hope this helps out.

Shirley is offline Registered User

Hi momof5boys
    Was wondering if one could get the breastea bags elsewhere apart from the webiste you mentioned? The postage rates to send to HK is quite high.

Many thanks

kellyst is offline Registered User

have to attest to the chinese papaya and fish soup. works like a charm, and true for all my friends too. BUT breastfeeding more along with taking the soup is definitely the way to go for better supply.

momof5boys is offline Registered User

Teas

Hi,

As far as I know, there is not a local place to purchase Breastea. The shipping is rather high. You might email them and see if they offer a cheaper shipping rate.

Hope this helps.

Sheila is offline Registered User

About increasing milk supply - there's ots of talk here about milk tea, fenugreek and fish and papaya soup. All of these might be of some use but ONLY if you breastfeed more frequently and/or pump milk.

The way the breast works - the more milk is removed from the breast, the more milk your body will make.

Not much else has a lot of effect.

I think a lot of mothers may be concerned that they don't have enough milk because the breasts feel soft and it doesn't seem like there is anything in there.

In fact the natural state for a lactating breast is SOFT. This is because the body adjusts to make just enough milk for your baby.

So if you have any concerns about milk supply think:
    a) is baby putting on enough weight?
    b) are you getting lots of wet nappies and poos.

If the answer to these questions is YES - then you do have enough milk. You don't need to produce MORE than enough. Unless you are trying to store some extra milk. If you still have concerns about milk supply please feel free to contact La Leche League to talk through scientifically proven ways of increasing milk supply. Tel: 2817 7475 or 2548 7636

Best wishes

Maggie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12