Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Where are you, August Moms?

mamamei is offline Registered User

Where are you, August Moms?

I am due mid-August and would love to hear how all you other August moms are doing now that we are heading full-speed towards full term! Surely there must be a bunch of us out there?

bbvv is offline Registered User

I'm due in the 2nd week of August. It's my first and I'm mixing private with public care. So far so good - pregnany has been smooth - no morning sickness or any cravings for a particular food. Baby is very active. Hate this hot weather at the moment as it's worst for us pregnant women.

Hi bbvv, Good to hear from you. I was beginning to wonder if I was the only person expecting in August on this forum! Your pregnancy sounds really similar to mine. Everything has been going extremely well, touch wood. I am doing both public and private visits too, and plan to give birth at the Queen Mary. Have you decided which hospital you are going to use?

Living in the New Territories, I decided on Queen Elisabeth as they have delivery suites designed to be 'home-like'. The thing that attracted me was the 10 spacious, independant and sound proof rooms with private telephone, television set and even light music to relieve the stress of the labouring clients.

Being a british born chinese, I went to the english antenatal class held in mid-June and was definitely surprised that they gave us a birth plan to select what we wanted on the day. Surprised as I thought public hospitals aren't into these stuff.

I have check-ups at QE twice a month now and yes, waiting times are long but hey, in the end I would rather use the money to buy baby stuff than have the delivery at a private hospital. My insurance covers the private check-ups and it's reassuring for me as QE do not give ultrasounds every visits.

Have you had a 3D/4D scan?

Wow, the QE sounds brilliant! The Queen Mary definitely does not have all those kinds of frills, but my husband works there and I am consistently impressed by the quality of their medical care, if not so much their soft skills.

Yes, we had our 4D scan about three weeks ago -- it was unbelievable! I thought I was going to get freaked out by the images, but it actually made me quite emotional. Those pregnancy hormones are definitely getting stronger!

Have you got all your bits and pieces ready for the baby yet? We only just started and my head is already spinning with all the different choices and products...

Our 3D/4D scan was incredible too - centainly something every mothers-to-be need to have done. Our baby looks like my hubby and had to add in that he has my pointed chin.

Shopping for baby stuff was a headache as we were so indecisive on what to get. In the end we had to seek my hubby's sister's help as she has gone through all this. We managed to get most stuff from Wing On's sale last month and the weekend just gone. Yep, so many choices for the same things.
    Just the hospital bag to pack and I think I'm ready. My parents will be bringing out a few grobags from London as I hear that they are better than all those frilly beddings.

So is this baby your first?

Yes -- this is our first, so everything feels magical and new. Our baby looks like my husband too -- I've heard that all newborns tend to because in the wild, it helps fathers recognize and bond with their offspring. Do you know if you are having a boy or a girl? We want ours to be a surprise, but the suspense is killing me!

You are much further ahead of me with all the preparations! We have a cot and a stroller and lots of bits and pieces that people have given us, but we still need to get curtains and some other furniture for the nursery. Such a headache... But lots of fun at the same time...

Any other August moms out there giving birth at either the Queen Elizabeth or the Queen Mary? Or are bbvv and I going to have all the doctors and midwives to ourselves?! (hahah -- we should be so lucky...)

Hi mamamei, ours is a boy - we do not mind the sex as long as the baby is healthy. I guess knowing the sex will reduce our time in thinking up a girls name. Have you decided on baby names yet? I decided on an english name and my husband is still deciding on a chinese one.

It's nice to have most of the preparation for the baby's arrival out of the way as I do not know whether or not the last few weeks will be more tiring for me to get out and about. I have noticed that I'm more tired or shall I say sleepy this month as opposed to my 2nd trimester. Do you find it hard to sleep? I try as much as possible to sleep on my sides (left most of the time as I've read somewhere that it's best) but due to turning and tossing, I find myself sleeping on my back and getting a backache when I get out of the bed. When I'm not sleeping I do not suffer from any backaches.

There's the 14th Intl Baby/Children Product Expo being held at the HK Convention & Exhibition Centre between 5th-7th Aug if there are stuff you still haven't brought. I would love to go but my due date is on 9th Aug so better not risk it. They only have these expo once a year unfortunately.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast