Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Feeding schedule for 9 months old baby

bellamei is offline Registered User

Feeding schedule for 9 months old baby

Hello,

My 9 months old baby is weight 8.6kgs and is not gaining weight since last month. I wonder if I should feed him more frequent. My schedule is as follow:

7am - 6 oz formula milk
    10 am - 1/2 slice of cheese, one apple puree
    12 pm - one bowl of chicken (or fish), veg, egg yolk congee
    3 pm - 6 oz formula milk
    4 pm - 1/2 slice of cheese, yogurt or little bread
    6 pm - one bowl of chicken (or fish), veg, egg yolk congee
    9 pm - 6 oz formula milk
    1 am - 6 oz formual milk

* I give 1 to 2 oz of water in between meal.

What is the schedule for your baby? Thanks.

Bella

kellyst is offline Registered User

we have a very similar schedule as well. tho, i must say my daughter, 10 mths is not gaining weight that much as well (18lbs 10mths), that's on the tiny side, but i'm tiny as well. just to share:
    6 am - 7 oz formula milk
    9 am - fruit puree
    11 am - lunch - veggie/meat puree, one small bowl
    3pm - 6 oz formula milk
    5pm - lunch - veggie/meat puree, 3/4 small bowl
    8:30pm - 7 oz formula milk
    and she doesn't even finish her milk most of the time, leaving 2 oz is usual..
    Bella, seems like you're feeding even on extra meal of milk in the middle of the night as well.. wonder if i should add that, as she wakes up in the morning REALLY hungry.

aprilbaby is offline Registered User

I'm about to start giving solids to my boy, he is 4 months and he is already 19lbs!!! Kellyst, i think if your baby sleeps through maybe you should not bother waking for the extra feed as sleep is as important as food and then you wouldnt want her to not eat her breakfast. Have you both tried giving more food using the same schedule???

kashismum is offline Registered User

Looks fine to me, bellmei. Perhaps you can consider adding some bulk to the fruit puree, which in itself is not very filling or nutitional. Or, perhaps try increasing the portions. I would give him as much as he wants.

My daughter (almost 9 months) is on the small side but eats a lot (increasing all the time!
    7am - bf
    8am - oatmeal + fruit puree
    11:30 - rice/protein/veg
    2:30 - bf
    5:30 - rice/protein/veg
    7pm - bf

She doesn't get anything during the night. I sometimes give her yoghurt for desert if she seems hungry or mid morning as a snack. I just dropped the 4th bf down to 3 and she has increased the amount of solids she's taking.
    I'm not at all worried about her weight gain, although she hasn't been weighed since she was 7 months. She's healthy with clear skin and bright eyes and bags of energy!!

bellamei is offline Registered User

It is great to hear that my scheudle is similar to everyone else. I give my son a slice of cheese for his morning snack and he loves it.

niutalent is offline Registered User

My daughter is 7.5 mos old and we are now just adding a 'lunch time' feed of cereal so my schedule is almost exactly like kashismum. (except her last milk feed is more like 6 - 6.15 p.m. as some nights she can't stay up past 6.30p.m.!)

I am finding however that she is not finsihing her milk at all (she used to be able to finish off 180mL no problem) but now is leaving about 2 oz of milk as well. She doesn't seem to be gaining much either as she is also on the small size but extremely energetic, alert and generally happy. Should I be concerned?

carang is offline Registered User

wow! my son is 18 months and weighed yesterday...
    only 23 pounds!

he doesn't look small though. most people that meet him think he's at least 2.

another thing you can add to snack time is fruit or crackers

ps. dont' forget, baby's wieght gain slows down a lOT... imagine what we'd all look like if we continued to gain like we do in the first few months of life! YIKES!

eplo19 is offline Registered User

Glad to know that my daughter almost 11months old weighs about 18-19pounds i think.. (i weighed her at home by holding her with me on the scale and then weighing myself to deduct the diff- it's not 100% accurate but gives me a reference i guess)... at 91/2 months- she weighs 8kg.. so glad to hear there are others similiar to my daughter's weight.
    my feeding schedule is very similar to kellyst- almost idental except i feed her dinner at 6 instead. =) just today, I started adding wheat cereal to her fruit puree b/c just now she is starting to be hungry faster before lunchtime!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast