Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

What to feed for 11 mths baby -travelling to HK

precious_bb is offline Registered User

What to feed for 11 mths baby -travelling to HK

Hi,

I am travelling to HK in oct with my baby who will be 11 mths by then. He is already on solid.
    I am just wondering what i can feed him since i cant cook for him.

How do you all feed your baby when you are out and didnt bring food along?

Or how do you deal with this when you are travelling overseas.

I also breastfeeding him. Is it easy to find nursing room in HK?

Please kindly advise. Thank you.

Sumei is offline Registered User

hi there,

given that Sgp to HK is a relatively short flight (only 4 hours) and you are still breastfeeding, you are really only talking about one meal of solids although I'd pack 2 just to take into account delays etc. I guess what you feed your baby depends on what his diet is - if he doesn't mind having a "cold" meal it will be easier on you as you could pack (or buy at the airport) eg. muffin and a banana OR toast/sandwich/cheese and a banana......if you don't mind the trouble of packing warm food then you could bring his food in a themos OR bring it cold and ask the cabin attendants to warm it up for you in the microwave (just be very careful not to overheat it and stir it well).....the plane should have a ready supply of biscuits/bread rolls/baby jar food etc you could turn to in emergencies, I remember my son loved to nibble on my bread rolls and cheese!

barbwong_130 is offline Registered User

When my babies were small I had a small pair of scissors which packed away in a small plastic box with a small pair of chopsticks. This allowed me to feed my children the same food as we were eating when eating in Chinese restaurants. I’d get an extra bowl of the baby and cut everything up small so that he could cope with it.

A friend of mine had a small chopping/mincing machine, which she used, but I found that a pair of scissors worked well. I like the idea that my children started on real food rather than specially made baby food. Of course, you need to be careful that the food doesn’t have too much salt in it.

Best wishes,
    Barb

precious_bb is offline Registered User

thanks for your advise. I am more cocern abt the time when i am in HK...the plan ride should be ok.

Oh, at 11 mths, they can eat muffin bought off the shelf already? Thought their food should still be bland without sugar etc.