Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Venture Photography

mlam is offline Registered User

I have also paid $500 for a session, being so attracted by their photos at the web! If I had read your threads earlier I would not pay ... sigh! I guess I can't do anything now but go for the session and take the photo included in the package and nothing more!

Suzannal & hoping4b, can you tell me more about the session? What should I prepare as I'm taking my two daughters, one 4 yr old and one just 8 months.

HJB
    HJB is offline Registered User

Thanks Rani

suzannal is offline Registered User

I will be attending my session this Sunday. Will let you know how it goes afterwards.

Thanks suzannal. My session will be on Sunday 10 Sept. Hope you have a nice session.

mlam, just had my session today with my 4 month old boy. I have to say that we all had a great time. The photographer was really good with my baby, and he actually laughed and had a great time generally, and sustained throughout the one hour session, much to my surprise.

I have to say they are not really like your typical photographer, and I understand that their product is really expensive. With them, I suppose you should not think of them as "photographers", as the end product will probably be more like one piece of artwork, from what I understand.

Well, just bring in whatever you would like to be photographed, especially bright colours, as they will look great with the white background.

I will have my viewing session next Sunday. Will let you know how that go.

Thanks suzannal. It sounds great. I plan to have family photos with them i.e. me, husband and 2 daughters. Hope they can capture our best moments since both my daughters (4 year old and 8 months) are a bit shy with strangers. Looking forward to hear more about your viewing session.

momo is offline Registered User

I had my children's photos taken by them and whilst the photos were good I find them too expensive. The package of $500 on promotion may seem very attractive at first but when you think about the fact that any additional prints you would like to order have to be in their frame and that their frames are really expensive, it works out to be a very expensive session. Personally I think you can get equally nice photographs at a much more decent price. The fact that you can only have prints framed in their frames is rather off putting. Incidentally the stand of one of their frames broke within 2 months !

Just had my viewing session. The photos are very nice, and I ended up purchasing a few of them. Actually, they gave me the price list during the photo session, so my husband and I had a week to kind of decide which size we want for our home.

During the viewing session, it starts with kind of a slideshow presentation of the photos they have picked. They then help you go through individual ones to decide which ones you like / dislike. There was no sales talk / pushing for you to purchase anything. It is just that I am sure you will always end up purchasing something, given the photos are quite nice and all.

The thing is, I think you really need to know where you would like to put your photos and how big / how many you would need before you get in the viewing session. Otherwise, I don't think you can make the decision in one hour. If you go back later, that means more expensive photos, as anything ordered during the viewing session is 10% off.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast