Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New Mandarin playgroup calling for members

yanmama is offline Registered User

New Mandarin playgroup calling for members

Hi,

Anyone out there wishing to join a Mandarin playgroup? I'm trying to arrange one with Hilltots (in Tai Hang, near Causewaybay) this fall. The supervisor is agreeable to setting this up weekly on Saturday afternoons.

My girl, 16 month old now, has been attending the English playgroup at Hilltots since her 1st birthday. She really enjoyed the sessions and has made heaps of progress in the last 4 months.

For those unfamiliar with Hilltots, here's a little fact file

* a HKPPA playgroup
    * catering for 10 months to 3 year olds, incorporating Montessori teaching approaches
    * playgroups session lasts 2 hours
    * typical format - free play, arts & crafts, snack, music and dance, story time, and games that teach these little ones problem solving
    * groups size relatively small, about 8 kids
    * prices extremely reasonable - they charge per school term, and each 2 hour session work out to be $160-$200
    * teacher qualification - native mandarin speaker from Singapore, Montessori trained

To get a manadarin playgroup going, there needs to be 6-8 kids. Please email me at [email protected] if you are interested.

Thanks for everyone who emailed me. Looks like we now have the critical mass to start a new class. Hilltots is now having their summer break. Autumn term will start Sep 4. I'll talk to the supervisor to organise a trial class for those who have expressed interest. Stay tuned.

Anyone else still keen to join, please let me know soon.

Yanmama

Good news! I managed to talk to the supervisor and arranged a trial class for next Saturday, Sept 2, from 10:00 - 11:30am, at Hilltots campus - 1/F, Winway Court, 3 Tai Hang Road, HK.

Parents please accompany your little ones to this trial class (instead of your helpers). We will have opportunity after the class to discuss about meeting time and format of the class.

Please note that regular class will not be on Saturday mornings as that's normally the time of their English playgroup.

Yanmama

newbies is offline Registered User

I am keen but just wondering if the regular class will fall on weekday or still on weekend? May I know who is the facilitator for the class? Just curious as I was in Hilltots over the summer and as far as i know the facilitator not able to speak mandarin.

Hi Newbies,

Antoine got a native mandarin speaker in for this program. Her name is Audrey. She led circle time in Mandarin the last session before the summer break. Besides, Antoine is also a native mandarin speaker. She will be supervising the classes as well.

If this Mandarin playgroup kicks off, most likely it'll be in the afternoon, since Hilltots already runs English playgroups in the mornings. Several moms who responded prefer to have it on Sat so we can be there as well. To be honest, this playgroup caters for those who wish their kids could learn some Mandarin but doesn't have much of a Mandarin speaking environment at home. So it's learning time for both parents and kids.

Yanmama

secretsquirrel is offline Registered User

Yanmama

I have sent you a PM.

newbies is offline Registered User

Is registration required in advance? Or I can pop up there on Sat?

miffylisa is offline Registered User

Want to try the Playgroup

Can I just come and join or I need to registar, can I have the information of how to get there?

Cheers.

Lisa

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast