Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Anyone given birth at Queen Mary?

Polly is offline Registered User

Thanks so much for that alibali, that's exactly what I wanted to know.

alibali is offline Registered User

No problem, Polly. I've always had private insurance in all the countries I've lived, so I was worried about going public for what is probably the scariest health issue of my life. However, I am pleasantly surprised with my experiences at Tsan Yuk so far (I'm at 28 weeks now). The staff, in general, are extremely friendly and willing to please. The doctors are ok, but a bit of a hit or miss- very conservative and non-commital. If you pin them down, they eventually make a phone call, etc. to get an answer. However, the nurses/ midwives are fantastic (sometimes they can answer a question quicker than a doctor) and make me feel self-assured. I also recommend the antenatal exercise classes (like physio classes). I almost went to Annerly Midwives, but couldn't book the group classes b/c of my husband's work schedule. However, I've been going to Tsan Yuk's education classes (free) and exercise classes (small fee) and b/w the two of them, I think I'm getting most of the info I would have gotten at Annerly Midwives for HK$2200 less. However, I've had an easy pregnancy and that might make the experience a bit more pleasant than other peoples... Good luck!

Polly is offline Registered User

I've seen quite a few really encouraging posts about Tsan Yuk and Queen Mary, which makes me feel really confident about what's ahead. Just knowing what to expect, both good and bad, makes such a big difference. Thanks again Alibali.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123