Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Poll: Does the nanny sleep in the nursery with the baby?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Does the nanny sleep in the nursery?

eplo19 is offline Registered User

Does the nanny sleep in the nursery?

Hi,
    My daughter is 6 months now and she is currently sleeping in her own crib in our room. I'm planning to move her into the nursery in a few more months. I just want to know how many babies are sleeping in their nursery with the nanny as well? I haven't decided yet...

carang is offline Registered User

moved my son to his own room when he was 3 months old(12 weeks).

he's been on his own since then. now 18 months.

Roshna is offline Registered User

We have an 8-month old girl. She was in her own cot in our room till she turned 6 months old. We then moved her to her own room, alone, but with the baby monitor on.

Part of the reason we finally moved her out was so that we would not disturb her with our snoring, or ruffling of the sheets when you move about, etc. She also used to disturb us with her sudden whimpers or movements so everyone's getting better sleep apart from each other!

If the nanny slept with her, they'd probably disturb each other!

Just my 2 cents worth . . .

Rohini is offline Registered User

I moved my son out of our room when he was 3 months. For the first few days, he was waking up a lot at night and I wasn't getting any sleep. After a few weeks of him in his own room, I let my helper sleep in this room so I could get a few hours of solid sleep. It's all a personal choice at the end of the day.

parkviewmom is offline Registered User

i just moved my son out 3 days ago into his own room. He's eight months old now and sleeping much better there. With us, he used to wake up about 3-4 times every night - now, not more than once!!!! fingers crossed!

loupou is offline Baby Guru

When my kids were babies, they slept with us for the first 4 months or so, execpt on Friday nights, when DH and I wanted to be able to sleep in on Saturday.

Then we moved them to their own rooms. With my oldest, this lasted until she was about 22 months and we had newborn DS. Then we ended up "playing musical beds" - DD would start off in the "parents bed" w/ me, DH would look after DS and put him down to sleep about 10 or 11 (in his own bed) while DH went to slee in "DD's bed".

DS would wake at about 2 or or 3am, I would move DH to the bed w/ DD (who would wake and wail if she were alone) while I looked after DS and tried to get him to sleep again after nursing...

If DD was impossible to get back to sleep, I would knock on our helper's door at about 4:30 or 5am and say "pls. take him" while I tried to get a couple more hours sleep before going to work.

I am SO glad these days are now behind us.

carang is offline Registered User

can't believe you'd suffer through that! yikes!

no way i'd have been able to do that.

KatBoo is offline Registered User

we moved our little man into his own room after 3 days (with monitor). It was just too disturbing for all of us to sleep in the same room together....plus, hubby starts work really early and I didn't want to disturb his sleep when I was doing night feeds. Don't worry, he did the night feeds at the weekends and I caught up on my sleep...with no disturbances from him doing the feeds!!
    K

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast