Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Baby-friendly restaurants

mywing is offline Registered User

Baby-friendly restaurants

I have a 2-month old and would like to know if anyone can recommend any baby-friendly restaurants i.e. not too crowded and smoke-free, etc. where i may bring my baby to. Thanks.

Wee Kean is offline Registered User

Cafe Deco. There is a small play area, highchair and have non smoking area.You need to book in advance if it is for dinner.

Top Deck for lunch or brunch. Again, there is a small play area for the children. Make sure you book the non smoking seat.

Panash is quite good too, they have highchair and salad bar.

Chinese restaurant (TeoChew) at Lippo Centre (they serve lovely dim sum) has non smoking section. We always go there early, at about 11.30 or 12pm before it gets crowded at about 12.30pm.

Triple O at Great Supermarket or IFC. They have highchair too but can get very crowded during lunch hour. So, again, be there earlier.

Wai-Mei Ho is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Wee Kean
    Cafe Deco. There is a small play area, highchair and have non smoking area.You need to book in advance if it is for dinner.

Top Deck for lunch or brunch. Again, there is a small play area for the children. Make sure you book the non smoking seat.

Panash is quite good too, they have highchair and salad bar.

Chinese restaurant (TeoChew) at Lippo Centre (they serve lovely dim sum) has non smoking section. We always go there early, at about 11.30 or 12pm before it gets crowded at about 12.30pm.

Triple O at Great Supermarket or IFC. They have highchair too but can get very crowded during lunch hour. So, again, be there earlier.

Please could you tell me where Top Deck and Panash are located? Thanks!

capital is offline Banned

This is a greqat thread. I have nothing to add, but am interested in hearing about baby/toddler freindly places too. Could anyone replying also add which area these are in?

cinnamon is offline Registered User

Top deck is on top of Jumbo floating restaurant aberdeen
    Panash has a few branches (its a japanese bakery/cafe)
    there is one in the basement of Ocean terminal TST (on the opposite end of the mall from toys R us)
    There also used to be one next to Mc donalds in the belchers complex kennedy town

At 2 months i presume you dont need a highchair.
    Or play areas
    More likely you will need a place for your stroller/ pram so baby can recline
    I usually ask for an extra space (I ask for a 3 person space even if there are only 2 adults)

I actually find dimsum restaurants great, generally the staff and most patrons love babies and if baby gets fussy they wont disturb others because you cant hear them anyway because of all the noise in the restaurant. I have also breastfed in chinese restaurants at the table without any problem.
    The noise gets to the level where it is like white noise and my daughter falls asleep quite easily in these restaurants

La Forchette in the basement of Pacific place is good (just had brunch there yesterday)

Somtimes booths can be good options if the restaurant is too crowded for a stroller.
    I lie my daughter on the seat next to me with a toy and kind of keep my leg across the front so she wont roll off. Shes fallen asleep a few times like that too.

If you are booking a table ask for one to the side so that you can put the stroller out of the way so i wont get knocked by people going by.Although having a view of other diners can keep baby amused.

I also like to take my baby out of the stroller and play with her while we order and wait for the food to come.
    That way when the food arrives shes not bored and fussing when I put her back in her pram

Generally I think HK is pretty baby friendly for eating so just go where you want and dare them to tell you you cant eat there with a baby!!!

suzannal is offline Registered User

I always try to find places that have a changing room for going out with my almost 4 months old baby. Here are some of my finds (for weekends, since I rarely take baby out on weekdays as I am working):

1. Yugamama at Lee Gardens 2 (They have a baby changing room on the 2nd floor) - The place is usually not too crowded (well, at least for weekend lunches)

2. The Folks (Chinese restaurant) at Coda Plaza - again, usually not very crowded, and they have wide window ledges for where I can change nappy

3. Most of the hotel restaurants - at least they have clean bathrooms, and more space for prams

4. Habitu at Ocean Terminal - again, they have a baby changing room on the floor

5. Some of the restaurants at IFC - exellent changing facility at the Lane Crawford there

Well, the major concern for me when I take my baby out is the cleaniness and readiness of the washroom / changing facility... Quality of food has kind of going down on my list of priorities these days :-(

fly
    fly is offline Registered User

A bit off-topic, but the baby changing rooms in the IFC Lane Crawford are excellent! However, the LC in Pacific Place doesn't even have one for some strange reason. I find coffee shops are quite good if you can find a seat.

Wee Kean is offline Registered User

Mc Donald and KFC are quite good too if you don't mind eating junk food :) I used to eat at Mc D quite often when my daughter was a baby. However I now try not to go as often because she wants to eat what I am eating.

I like Grand Century Plaza in Mongkok. Food Court in 5th floor has a very good toilet with changing facility and toddler toilet. Also, outside the food court has an outdoor playarea.

I like Pacific Coffee too! When my daughter was a baby, I used to change her nappy on the big sofa (when there was not many customer) Now, she loves the Babycinno (fresh milk with froth) and toasted bagel so much that everytime we go shopping at Westwood or she sees the Pacific Coffee shop, she will say "Babycinno time"!

Canteen at IFC is ok if you like Chinese food.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast