Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

digital photos?

capital is offline Banned

digital photos?

Are there any places in hong kong, preferably a chain store (or a place in Tsuen Wan) where I could upload my digital photos in canada and then have mother in law go pick them up in Hong Kong? It has just occured to me why am I printing off photos here and them mailing them to hong Kong. I should be abler to do this all online and have her pick them up and save me the mail costs.

rani is offline Administrator

Have a look at

http://www.kodakexpress.com.hk/

I haven't tried them yet.

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

crystal is offline Registered User

Dear capital,

Is it possible that you load your photos in a CD rom and mail it to HK? From my knowledge, if you upload the photo online, say in Yahoo, dotphoto, the final resolution for printing may not be very good.

Just also call the Kodak Express HK hotline. They can allow you to upload photos online and pay by credit card to print photos. Then your family member can collect the photos at its outlets. However, the Kodak Express only accepts credit card issued by Hong Kong credit card issuer.

capital is offline Banned

The problem with the CD is that she is 70 and computer are beyond her understanding. We can't rely on my brother-in-law either as we have sent him Dvd's of the children to show her, but it took months before he got around to it. (They do not get along). I supppose all the stores will need a hong kong credit card. I wonder if I could do it through shutterfly or something similar. I wonder if they will send them to HK. I'll have to check.

crystal is offline Registered User

Dear Capital,

I see. From my experience, I bring my CD rom to the Photomax (also a chain store). The staff help me to insert the CD rom into a touch screen computer (named kiosk). Then the photo will be loaded and I can preview the photos on screen. I touched the screen to select my photo printing. Don't worry, the machine with English instruction and the staff are also very friendly and helpful.

Besides, CD rom is better then the DVD as the DVD format may not be read by the machine.

The photomax website:

http://www.fotomax.com/fmxweb/index.do

kellyst is offline Registered User

Hi, you can upload and order prints on fotomax.com and then she can pick them up at a fotomax shop or OK Convenience store near Tsuen Wan. they let you select which shop you want to pick up from. she just need to bring a reference number.

i think that could be quite convenient for you. we order prints online all the time, saves me one trip to drop off pictures for printing.

rani is offline Administrator

I just tested Fotomax. Easy to use. For $4 they'll post the photos to you/friend. Will let you know if I get them ok.

Founded GeoBaby in 2002